Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 12:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergsero

Hello,

I'd be grateful for testing these beta releases of ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 v.20151226. Most changes were made in the internal algorithms and need to testing for bugs.
Also added a few options.

ModeSMixer2

Windows: modesmixer2_windows_20151226_for_test_only.zip https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6idkVYckdwcTdLVVU
Raspberry Pi 2: modesmixer2_rpi2_20151226_for_test_only.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6ieTljRktvSUM2OGc
Raspberry Pi 1: modesmixer2_rpi1_20151226.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iaFBRY2k3RFMwb1U

+ made changes in internal algorithms of program which need testing for bugs
+ add option --add-reference-point <arg> Add a new reference point, for example, Final Approach Waypoint (FAWP) with lat:lon:[Label] for calculating distance and azimuth on map. Example: 38.5:-12.6:FAWP
+ add option --add-points <arg>               Add additional points, for example, Intermediate Waypoint (IWP) (single or list) with coordinates on map. Example: 36.2:-15.3:[IWP1] [38.5:-12.6:[IWP2]
+ add option --inServerId <arg>                Input server with Id. Format: port:id. Aircrafts, for which data will be received through the listening server --inServerId, will be marked with id.

ModeSDeco2

Windows: modesdeco2_windows_20151226_for_test_only.zip https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iUHczUVZXYWlEZjQ
Raspberry Pi 2: modesdeco2_rpi2_20151226_for_test_only.tgz https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7NYXizl0U6iRFdodUFITlRJM1U

+ made changes in internal algorithms of program which need testing
+ add option --add-reference-point <arg> Add a new reference point, for example, Final Approach Waypoint (FAWP) with lat:lon:[Label] for calculating distance and azimuth on map. Example: 38.5:-12.6:FAWP
+ add option --add-points <arg>               Add additional points, for example, Intermediate Waypoint (IWP) (single or list) with coordinates on map. Example: 36.2:-15.3:[IWP1] [38.5:-12.6:[IWP2]
+ add option --filter-dup                            Enable Duplicate filter (default: off). If among the received messages are found pairs with icao24 addresses that differ by one, possibly the issue could be reduced by using this option.
+ add option --disable-correction              Disable correction of corrupted signals (Default: on). Additionally you can add also this option with option --filter-dup.

Best regards,
sergsero

Radio2.0

QuoteDisable correction of corrupted signals (Default: on).
hmm why should someone turn it off? What is the reason for that switch?
QuoteAdd a new reference point, for example, Final Approach Waypoint (FAWP) with lat:lon:[Label] for calculating distance and azimuth on map. Example: 38.5:-12.6:FAWP
only for visual or does it have an effect of accuracy?
thx

(i will test it for windows now.)

Can you make an image for Raspberry Pi 2?
I have one home but I dont know anything about Linux or so. It would be an great think.  ;D

Stupid question how stable run the Linux version? A Shop owner next to an Airport (!!!) allow me to put an Pi next to the Window. He see the Runway maybe 100m away.  8) I cant call him every week to reboot the Pi if it now run stable.
(And Yes I share my Data!)
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

Radio2.0

hmm what is wrong....
x:
cd "X:\modesdeco2_windows_20151226_for_test_only"
cmd /c  modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 30 --location xxxxxx --web 8080 --db X:\temp1\dbase\basestation.sqb --frdb X:\temp1\dbase\flightroute.sqb --silhouettes X:\temp1\images\silhouettes --pictures X:\temp1\images\pictures --msg 30003 --add-points 480436.83:0162819.64:WW296
PAUSE
exit

(my pos is replave here with xx)
2015-12-27 17:41:44.671  ERROR    sqlite3_open X:\temp1\dbase\basestation.sqb unable to open database file 14

and X is my Ramdisk.  :-[

Radio2.0

IanH

Quoteand there is an huge error on the map:

Just refresh the browser window. I had the same but then it was ok

IanH

Still the problem in modesdeco2 with duplicate flights - see attached. This was not a problem in earlier versions before the use of pthreadVCE2.dll.

Something changed at that time.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

IanH

Quotehmm what is wrong....

Check that location for basestaion.sqb really exists.

The --db command works ok for me  ;D

Radio2.0

sergsero

Hi IanH,

Thanks for testing.
Was your screenshot obtained by using the option --filter-dup? And (probably) additional with --disable-correction.
The filter was set for search addresses that differ by one in least-significant digit. I would like to know - this filter can to block this kind of duplicates?

This library is used for compatibility with the airspy receiver.  It is possible that I have to go back to the old version of my decoder. Or until when in my area will be to deployed Mode S interrogator for on-air testing.  :)

Best regards,
sergsero

sergsero

Hello Radio2.0,

Quote from: Radio2.0 on December 27, 2015, 04:25:02 PMCan you make an image for Raspberry Pi 2?

I think will be more convenient for you to use ready-made images, for example, from flightaware. Something like this: 'PiAware on Raspbian Linux 2.1-3' http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build, assembled on basis of dump1090, which is always possible adjustment to the desired outputs.

Thanks,
sergsero

IanH

QuoteWas your screenshot obtained by using the option --filter-dup?

No I missed that option in the latest version.  ???

I've now tried the --filter-dup option and it does remove the duplicates.

BUT, what happens if the icao24 address differing by one is real?

Looking at the non-filtered data on my screen the icao24 address +/-1 could be real for easyJet (G-EZWW/V), Aer Lingus (EI-DEI/J), Lufhansa (D-AIST/U) and Ryanair (EI-FIE/F). Probably others.

Edit:

And as I posted previously:
QuoteI looked back at the older versions of modesdeco2 and tried some of them again.

There are no duplicates in the 2150321 version.

The problem starts with the 20150603 version which includes "pthreadVCE2.dll".

I switched between the two versions several times and the difference was immediate.

Something important changed between the two versions.

Radio2.0

fresh download and settings
1) the same call sign with different iaco24
http://i.share.pho.to/12acf477_o.png

2) the map dont work (again)

ytsejam

Not sure if this is a bug:

Symptom: modesdeco2 uses different device ID then rtl_sdr
Affected version: 20151226, 20150815 (not sure about previous versions)

<----- For rtl_sdr, device 0 has SN #4 and device 1 has SN#3

# rtl_test
Found 2 device(s):
  0:  Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000004
  1:  Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000003

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Supported gain values (29): 0.0 0.9 1.4 2.7 3.7 7.7 8.7 12.5 14.4 15.7 16.6 19.7 20.7 22.9 25.4 28.0 29.7 32.8 33.8 36.4 37.2 38.6 40.2 42.1 43.4 43.9 44.5 48.0 49.6
[R82XX] PLL not locked!
Sampling at 2048000 S/s.

<----- For modesdeco2, device 0 is SN#3 and device #1 is SN#4

# ./modesdeco2 --device-list
2015-12-28 18:28:28.996  INFO     ModeSDeco2 v.20151226

Available RTL Devices:
0 mnf: Realtek prod: RTL2838UHIDIR serial: 00000003
1 mnf: Realtek prod: RTL2838UHIDIR serial: 00000004

No Available AirSpy devices

Radio2.0

sorry the Map dont work. I try FF, Chrone.

WTF on the IE work the Map?!  >:(

IanH

Map worked for me on Chrome - I just pressed F5 key to refresh.

Same on Firefox - press F5.

To remove the duplicates, you need to add --filter-dup to command line