Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:05:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 - console programs for RTLSDR and transcoding

Started by sergsero, August 09, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spotter.ssol

CRTL + F5, people!
http://refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Quote from: larsras on December 31, 2015, 06:49:06 AM
So tried to clear the browser cache, and then i was hit by the problem with aircrafts located on the upper left corner of the map. After endless retries of refresh and clear cache (started last night but gave up, and retried some times this morning), i finally got the map working again, and my points are also displayed now.
I may say that this is the first time i observe the map problem here, and i'm quite surprised how difficult it is to get it working again.
But great feature now it is working.

What about the possibility to define the CTR/TMA areas? ;-)
--

Carlos

Hello all,

I'm trying to run modesdeco2 on a windows 10 tablet but keep coming up with an error. I have managed to get it running on windows 7 and 8.1 but am coming across this problem with windows 10:

"modesdeco2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ?in@?$codecvt@DDH@std@@QBEHAAHPBD1AAPBDPAD3AAPAD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\modesdeco2_windows20150106\modesdeco2.exe"

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know how this can be fixed please? I have checked on the web but nothing suggested so far has managed to fix this for me. I have downloaded the latest distribution package from Microsoft to get the latest dll's but that didn't fix this either.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Carl

IanH

Try a more recent version of modesdeco?

The error message suggests you are using the 16 Jan 2015 version. There have been several later versions since including a very recent testing version (26 Dec 2015).

See recent posts.

Edit: http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2978.msg27353.html#msg27353

Carlos

Thanks Ian I will try that to see if that fixes it.

Best Regards

Carl

Keef

I've just run up the latest version under Win 10 and it works okay.

I can't find a copy that version you're having problems with so can't test that.

I know this doesn't help much but it does prove the latest version will run on Win 10.

Cheers,

Keef.

IanH

Keef

If you want to check the old version as a check, I've uploaded it here:

http://www.ihld.co.uk/modesdeco2_windows_20150106.zip

Why do I keep these old versions?  :-\

Keef

I keep old stuff as well.
As storage is no longer an issue I tend to keep everything, you never know when it will come in useful.

You should see my loft and my shed :-[

Anyhow, thanks for the old version Ian.

Using 20150106 did throw an error about libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll missing.
I found a copy of that in a SDR# directory I have so copied that in to the modesdeco2 folder.

I then got a message about libusb-1.0.dll missing, I also found that in the same SDR# directory so copied it as before.

Modesdeco2 then ran okay.

Whilst I couldn't reproduce the exact failure Carl had it would seem a later version will fix things for him.

Look forward to hearing how it goes...

Cheers,

Keef.

Carlos

I downloaded the latest test version and it worked!  :)

I just needed to copy my batch file and it worked straight away!  :)

Many thanks for your help with this Ian and Keef. Its very much appreciated.

Best Regards

Carl

Anmer

Quote from: larsras on January 04, 2016, 05:48:00 PM
Wonder what that comment were meant for. Offending people or just a stupid answer?

I think he was trying to be helpful.  Many people do not know how to clear the browser cache which can cause many issues.
Here to Help.

ytsejam

Quote from: spotter.ssol on December 31, 2015, 05:45:21 PM
CRTL + F5, people!

Wonder what that comment were meant for. Offending people or just a stupid answer?

For users using browser on iPhone or other mobile, try to change the map type to Radar (blue) and then change back.

ytsejam

Quote from: larsras on December 30, 2015, 08:37:18 PM
Quote from: sergsero on December 29, 2015, 03:25:00 PM

--add-reference-point <Lat:Lon:Label>
The option creates on the map an alternative point to '--location', as the reference point for calculating distance and azimuth to the selected aircraft. This new value will be displayed in detail.
This reference point can be the only single with arbitrary name. Usage - mark out the runway threshold.
Usage: --add-reference-point 54.2446:82.7991:RW.

--add-points <Lat:Lon:Label [Lat1:Lon1:Label1 Lat2:Lon2:Label2]>

The option creates on the map one or several points with given coordinates. Near the points will be displayed the distance from the selected aircraft.
You can specify one or several points, their coordinates and the name must be separated from each other by a space.
Usage - mark out Initial/Final approach waypoints (IAWP/FAWP) or LOM/LMM for approach path observation: --add-points 54.2882:88.0451:LOM 54.4557:89.3456:LMM

Great features :-) But does not work on Safari OSX, which i use. I dusted of an old PC to test my setup, and here my points were displayed in IE.

It does work on Safari/OSX.
My picture was capture from Safari.

spotter.ssol

No dude, I was just trying to help by being emphatic. This kind of problem was addressed many times in this thread, including in the same page you've stated your problem, just few posts before.  ;)

Quote from: spotter.ssol on December 31, 2015, 05:45:21 PM
CRTL + F5, people!

--

GregoryGHarding

I'm looking to get modesdeco running on beaglebone. I've tried using the rpi arm release but that fails to run.

Any help would be great

joma

Hi,

I have Modesdeco2 running in a Rpi.
Now I want to buy a Orange Pi PC ($15), but i don't know if modesdeco2 works with this board.
Anybody have tried it?

Thanks in Advance.