Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:32:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

AcarsDeco2 Development

Started by Radio2.0, October 12, 2013, 06:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn68

Quote from: sergsero on April 01, 2018, 03:32:11 PM
Hello,

On the other hand, there is a test branch of modesmixer2 with indication and display of ACARS messages if it receives data from acarsdeco2 via network.

Regards,
sergsero
How  do I use this test branch?
Glenn Blum
Central Texas, USA

kidshare

Would it be possible for acarsdeco2 to accept input from spyserver?

tonkepen

Hello:

(In the beginning, sorry for my English).

Well, I have put in a rasperry2 (RASPBIAN STRETCH 4.14) (Acarsdeco2 V.20170115), with the following instructions:

In usr/local/ bin:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/acarsdeco2
./acarsdeco2 --gain 49 --freq-correction 15 --freq 131511000 --freq 131711000 --freq 131811000 --http-port 8998 --banners /home/acarsdeco2/Logos --silhouettes /home/acarsdeco2/Siluetas --db /home/acarsdeco2/basestation.sqb --frdb /home/acarsdeco2/flightroute.sqb --outConnectUdp pp:192.168.1.128:9742 --outConnectUdp pp:127.0.0.1:9999

Situation 1: EXECUCION VIA CONSOLA...

Well as you can see in the screenshots that I leave below Acarsdeco2 works perfect running it via console:

They leave the messages in the console ....

https://imgur.com/a/nE0eBEt

Send messages to the web ....

https://imgur.com/a/QUzWry9

Send information to Planeplotter

https://imgur.com/a/qLAJI8G

And send information to another application of mine ...

https://imgur.com/a/LRV3t7S

Up to here everything perfect. everything sensational.

Situation 2: EXECUCION VIA Init.D or RC.Local or Clon...

This is when the problem comes, and I tried to execute acarsdeco2 in the three ways and it always gives me the same result.

Acarsdeco2 works and starts up well, sends the data to the acarsdeco website, and the information is displayed.

But do not send UDP to planeplotter, nor to my application in 127.0.0.1:9999

It's like when the automatic ports start, they close, or the commands --outConnectUdp pp: XXXXXX, do not work.

I've been doing experiments for a long time, but I can not make it work, if it starts automatically. Anyone please have some brilliant idea ?.

Thank you very much.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

IanH

I found a post by sergsero on how to send data to PlanePlotter here: https://forum.planefinder.net/threads/acarsdeco2-up-to-3-channels-acars-sdr-receiver-for-rtl2832-dongle.157/

Important bit is to use --udp 127.0.0.1:9742 NOT --outConnectUdp pp:192.168.1.128:9742

sergsero

Hello tonkepen,

You're using Debian 9 Stretch so you have systemd that is a system and service manager for Linux. It is the default init system for Debian since Debian Jessie.
"/etc/rc.local" is outdated and uses a double backwards compatibility mechanism in systemd.

Systemd takes a very different approach from the sysv init scheme of organizing init scripts into directories by runlevel. Instead, it uses unit files to describe services that should run, along with other elements of the system configuration.
So make a service unit that describes as much as possible of the process setup and execution directly itself.

Your acarsdeco2.service file should look like this:
[Unit]
Description=acarsdeco2 service
After=network.target

[Service]
User=pi
Type=simple
ExecStart=/home/acarsdeco2/acarsdeco2 --gain 49 --freq-correction 15 --freq 131511000 --freq 131711000 --freq 131811000 --http-port 8998 --banners /home/acarsdeco2/Logos --silhouettes /home/acarsdeco2/Siluetas --db /home/acarsdeco2/basestation.sqb --frdb /home/acarsdeco2/flightroute.sqb --outConnectUdp pp:192.168.1.128:9742 --outConnectUdp pp:127.0.0.1:9999

WorkingDirectory=/home/acarsdeco2
StandardOutput=null
StandardError=inherit
TimeoutSec=30
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=30
StartLimitInterval=350
StartLimitBurst=10

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Do a few more steps (in console) to enable and use the acarsdeco2.service file:

1. Place it in /etc/systemd/system folder with say a name of acarsdeco2.service

2. Start it: sudo systemctl start acarsdeco2

3. Check the status of the service with sudo systemctl status acarsdeco2. You may see a warning that your must run sudo systemctl daemon-reload.

In my test system the console output looks like this:
Quote$ sudo systemctl status acarsdeco2
● acarsdeco2.service - acarsdeco2 service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/acarsdeco2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2018-05-25 21:31:22 +07; 47s ago
Main PID: 466 (acarsdeco2)
   CGroup: /system.slice/acarsdeco2.service
           └─466 /opt/ad2/acarsdeco2 --gain 38.6 --freq-correction 62 --http-port 8088 --silhouettes /home/pi/data/silhouettes --pictures /home/pi/data/pictures --db /home/pi/data/basestation.sqb ...

4. Enable it to launch during boot: sudo systemctl enable acarsdeco2

5. If you want to stop it: sudo systemctl stop acarsdeco2

6. To disable the service from starting automatically, you can type: sudo systemctl disable acarsdeco2

Best regards,
sergsero

sergsero

Hi IanH,

I think that tonkepen uses the latest version (20171115) of the program, in which the output options were added and/or their format a bit changed. Now it is like the same in modesmixer2:

Program options:
  -h [ --help ]         This help message
  --device-list         List available SDR devices
  --device-index arg    Select SDR device (default: 0)
  --device-serial arg   Select SDR device by serial number
  --gain arg            Set preamp gain of receiver, dB (default: auto)
  --freq-correction arg Set oscillator frequency correction, ppm (default: 0)
  --agc                 Enable automatic gain control in SDR chip (default:
                        off)
  --freq arg            Set receiver frequency, Hz
                        Specify option --freq multiple times to multiple
                        channels (Example: --freq XX --freq YY ...)
  --inConnect arg       Input connector. Format: (sbs|ad2):host:port
  --inConnectId arg     Named input connector. Format: (sbs|ad2):host:port:ID
  --inServer arg        Input server. Format: (sbs|ad2):port
  --inServerId arg      Named input server. Format: (sbs|ad2):port:ID
  --inServerUdp arg     Input UDP server. Format: (sbs|ad2):port
  --outServer arg       Output server. Format: (sbs|ad2|pp):port
  --outConnect arg      Output connector. Format (sbs|ad2|pp):host:port
  --outConnectUdp arg   Output UDP connector. Format: (sbs|ad2|pp):host:port
  --http-port arg       Set port for http server (default: 8080)
  --vrs-url arg         Set VirtualRadarServer url for additional aircraft data
                        Example: http://example.com (default: off)
  --pictures-url arg    Set aircraft pictures collection url
                        Example: http://site.com/path/to/ (default: off)
  --pictures arg        Set aircraft pictures collection local path
                        Example: http://site.com/path/to/ (default: off)
  --silhouettes arg     Set path to directory of aircrafts' silhouettes
  --banners arg         Set path to directory of operators' logos
  --frdb arg            Set path to flightroutes database file
  --db arg              Set path to basestation database file
  --no-uplink           Don't display uplink messages (default: on)
  --no-sq               Don't display messages with SQ label (default: on)
  --no-empty            Don't display empty messages (default: on)
  --logfile arg         Set path to log filename (default: off)
  --logfile-sbs arg     Set path to SBS CSV log filename (default: off)
  --logfile-esbs arg    Set path to extended SBS CSV log filename (default:
                        off)
  --no-console          Disable logging on console (default: on)

I'm a little confused about the used  frequency values (--freq 131511000 --freq 131711000 --freq 131811000), but apparently they are working.

Best regards,
sergsero

tonkepen

Mother of God, Mother of God, Sergsero,you will laugh, but I have been testing for 1 month to make it work.

Sensational, it works perfect, millions of thanks for your interest, I really do not know how to thank you. I was already crazy.

And with respect to the frequencies, well, I do not understand why they are these, but that's the way it is. These are where I receive the acars. Maybe it's the pencil that Chinese that I use, that invents the frequencies, haha.

PD.. Certainly it would be very interesting to put this type of boot in the manual of acarsdeco2 and modesmixer.

Finally Sergsero, really thank you very much.

tonkepen

Well now it turns out that it does not go, it happens exactly the same, if I run it via console with sudo systemctl start acarsdeco2, it works.

Once I give the order with sudo systemctl enable acarsdeco2 and restart, we are again the same, send data to the web, but not to planeplotter, nor to the other in 127.0.0.1

So false alarm, it still does not work, the shed,  :'( :'(

sergsero

In my experience - it works and all the functions of the program, including network, provide data exchange with external clients.

In the screenshots below, the program was started using 'systemd' 10 hours ago when I wrote you the first message. At the same time, acarsdeco2 sent messages via UDP datagrams to Planeplotter.
And it was worked during ~10 hours.

My morning (UTC+7), after reading your messages, I remotely restarted the Raspberry Pi.

After the restart, the program resumed as well as sending data to Planeplotter. Additionally it's evidenced by the newly requested status of the service.

'Systemd' keeps a log that you can view and check for error messages with the command: journalctl -u acarsdeco2.service
Perhaps for more informative you should change the value 'StandardOutput=null' in the settings.

/sergsero

tonkepen

If Serg ...., I know that Acarsdaco2 works, I use it since it came out, but in this case, it has gotten into my head to see why it does not work for me this time, thank you very much for your interest, I'll keep looking and I tell you.

tonkepen

An issue exists version of acarsdeco2 for beaglebone black ?, I have several, and if it exists I could put the acars in one of them.

thebaldgeek

@sergsero, thanks so much for your work on this program. It works very well.
I am using it to decode 3 frequencies on a Windows PC and am about to set up a Raspberry Pi at a remote location to feed into the central site (which is also running VRS - it's really nice to pull that information).
Two questions.
1. What are the green and blue circles showing?
2. I see aircraft images at home, but not over the internet. VRS has the box checked to show images over the internet, and VRS shows images over the internet Ok. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I am using the latest build (as best as I know - 20180603).

sergsero

Hello thebaldgeek,

• If images of aircraft are obtained from VRS (rather than from a local collection) hotlinking is used when URL includes an actual image from another website, in this case from VRS.
    For check it you can open an image under the mouse pointer (right-click directly on it) in new tab using context menu. The menu contains "Open image in new tab" or "View Image" command for this.
    This link will be contain the full path to the source. Check if you can access images from your LAN or/and WAN network using this URL.

• The color of these circles shows a timeout value from time of receiving a last message from a particular aircraft.
    Green circle means that the interval from 0 to 5 minutes, which indicates active phase of messages receiving.
    Blue means the interval from 5 to 60 minutes, which means that the aircraft is likely still in coverage area but does not transmit messages to ground station.
    Silver circle means that more than 60 minutes have passed since the last message was received.

Best regards,
sergsero

thebaldgeek

Thanks Sergsero, everything is working now. The hint with the images is great. It must be a fully qualified domain name.

If I could be bold and kindly ask for a feature request.... a map with the green and blue aircraft on it. I would love to see AcarsDeco2 become the VRS of ACARS.... A map like ModeSmixer2 would be fantastic. Click on the aircraft on the map to see their messages.
Thanks again for your help. I am now working on filtering the messages and automated emails on messages with keywords in them.

glenn68

For some of us who dont have but very minimal knowledge on Linux, How can I install ACARSDECO2 on a Raspberry Pi or onto VM Box running Raspberry Pi Jessie?
Thanks.

Glenn
Glenn Blum
Central Texas, USA