Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

adsbscope stops after about 2 minutes

Started by DRL, November 04, 2013, 02:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRL

Hi

I am running adsbscope "fix" version. I am certain when I first installed it ran continuous without hitch. Just lately it has taken to just stopping after about 2 minutes - no error messages and it restarts immediately when I toggle raw data client.

Can anyone advise things I should check or adjust? When running the frame rate is fine (600-1200) and data quality 100%

Thanks,
D.

Anmer

Welcome.

What receiver are you using to feed data to adsbScope?
Here to Help.

DRL

Hi

I use NooElec TV28T v2 DVB-T USB Stick to feed adsbscope. My set up is a dedicated machine "server" which has no issues.

I access the server with adsbscope pointing to the server ip over the LAN. My issue is probably a router setting because the stopping after 2 minutes happens on my 2 machines on the network (I know this condition didn't happen initially, but I did make a port forwarding change for something else and may be related to that.)

Again there is no protest or error message the data stream simply stops after about 2 mins. It restarts immediately when I toggle raw data stop/start as tho things were normal.

Any insight is appreciated, I am not too router savy other than basic config but will give anything a go. I don't think adsbscope has a timeout setting so I am thinking router???

Anmer

What is the physical connectivity?

Is the DVB-T connected by USB to a PC running adsbScope?

Where does the router fit in?
Here to Help.

DRL

The DVB-T is connected by USB to a PC running adsbScope = The dedicated "server"  machine, which has no issues and runs without stopping 24/7 and is feeding well to the Internet. (no issues)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remote access LAN units

I access adsbscope/DVB-T from my day2day laptop over my lan by pointing to the (above) server ip and port in network setup.

-adsbscope starts up immediately on my remote LAN node with no error messages and runs flawlessly for about 2 minutes then stops - also without error message as though I had stopped raw data client (framerate drops to zero.) It restarts immediately when I toggle raw data client off then back on-runs for another 2 minutes.

This "stopping" started a few days ago--it ran flawlessly on both my remote LAN machines prior to that accessing the sever through the router, why I am suspicious of a router setting--it is as though persistence or timeout cuts the data stream or something?

Anmer

Thanks.

Are you running adsbScope on your "day2day" laptop or are you using remote desktop?

I tried many times to access a DVB-T USB stick from a remote, Ethernet connected PC and failed every time.  It only worked if the DVB-T was connected to the same PC running decoding software.
Here to Help.

DRL

Thanks, I am guessing my issue is about the max connections to rtl1090 which is 5. If I drop something else off it runs fine again. I forgot I added another one last week - after that my disconnect issue started.