Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active Display Pro 5.1 Released

Started by Anmer, December 10, 2013, 03:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

From Gary at Gatwick Aviation Society:

Active Display Pro version 5.1 is now available for download at ...

http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/AD_home.asp

This is a normal complete replacement release.

Current users who installed 5.0 should not need to install 5.1, unless they are using Windows XP.

Please note that this version will not create a Windows 8 desktop shortcut which is outstanding work in progress.

Other versions of Windows are not affected.

The full User Documentation will also be updated in due course.

Please use the Help>>Support option in the program or any GAS website EMail contact if you need any assistance as we are unable to monitor all the forums now in use.

Our thanks go out to those who helped us test this version. They know who they are and we are very grateful to you.

Also thanks to those who have provided well articulated suggestions for functional additions. Please keep them coming!

Version 5.1 of AD Pro has the following extras over and above version 4.2 ...

User settings retention between upgrades (POST installation of 5.1 only)

A Log layout designer

Set Interested for New Entries

EMail alerts in addition to the current methods

Option to Autostart on load

One click deletion of rubbish codes during a session

Image verification to identify bad logos etc.

One click toggle option to set all Internet functions off for mobile use

Automatic Pressure adjustment for local logs

Additional Route options

Manual AD Refresh

Bug fixes

Gary
Here to Help.

viking9

Upgraded and running fine.

Many thanks to Gary.

Tom
Tom

Keef

I got my 'invite' yesterday and installed late last night.
All seems well so far, my thanks to Gary also...

Cheers,

Keef.

Harpic

Since update today of AD to Pro Basestation show this as a message at the top of the screen.

GR01 Read Failed - Airlines Table Busy
SQLite Error
No Such Table Airlines

Can anyone highlight whats wrong.
AD seem to be running and working fine populating all ok.
Accept on the screen some of the Flags are showing as a cross on a dark blue background like a Scottish Flag I take it this is because there is a problem although they show ok in Basestation

Cheers Guy's for any info.
regards
Harpic

Anmer

What did you update from and how?

What version of Windows do you have?
Here to Help.

Keef

I think AD full version contains more tables in its reference.sqb than the free version.
It may be that when installing the full version somehow the reference.sqb file did not properly update and the program is looking for a non-existent table.

I seem to remember I had a problem when upgrading from AD free to full which was of this nature, although my symptoms were different in that AD full was running very slowly. As I recall this was due to it looking for a table which didn't exist.

Of course there have been a couple of updates to AD since I had that issue so even if it is a similar problem the way it manifests itself may be different.

I didn't fix it myself, I posted on the AD forum http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=40 and Gary remoted in to my machine using TeamViewer and sorted it out for me.

It might be worth a post on that board, Gary is very helpful.

Cheers,

Keef.

Harpic

Cheers Keef,
It was the full version that I was running before the update to Pro if that helps,

Mike,
Sent you a pm mate.

Regards
Harpic

Keef

Hi Harpic,

Not sure that helps me, but it does still sound like a reference.sqb database problem.

You could try looking at the reference.sqb with an appropriate editor to see if the table does actually exist or not, I use SQLite Expert Personal which is free.
If you want to do that I'd advise making a copy and looking at that rather than the original, databases are easy to mess up and hard to fix.

If you feel brave enough you could try an un-install then re-install and see if that fixes things, but personally I'd get in touch with Gary, for two reasons:

First, he'll help you fix it with pretty much guaranteed success.
Second, I'm sure he would want to know if there is problem somewhere in the upgrade process.

Cheers,

Keef.

Harpic

Hi Keef,
Thanks for the reply, i'm wait for a mate who has AD  to have a look as i'm clueless on these things my thery is when it's working leave well alone  :)
one other problem I got today is AD is asking for license even thou I have 70 odd days left as soon as i re-activate it fine all but the sqlite error as before.
I forgot to mention that this license problem happened a few day before the update as well.
I know getting hold of Gary is going to help and as you say will probaly fix the prob but i'll let me mate look first and then relay everything to Gary just in case there is a problem that he would like to know about and for anyone else on here if my mate fixes the problem for me.
I also had a look at the SQB back up folder and have noticed an entry just before the problem showed up and before the update a file that is only 548kb in size when all my back up are normaly 784.209kb and climbing, so i'm wondering if it is a data error from that that causing it. i0'll get my mate to try a backup file before the weird one and see if the problem disappears.

Oh well thanks for the input mate really appriciate it, i'll be intouch with the results
Cheers
Harpic

Harpic

Hi Guy's,
Just a little update on the problem that I was getting.
Well my mate said he can't work it out what was going on, but said as our license was running out in a couple of weeks he would wait till then and reload/Re-install AD and see what was going on.
This he has done and Bingo all is working fine, even no more error messages appear on the top of the page like before.

I am Still getting the little dark blue Scottish looking flag which I now know is a miscode, not as many as before but they seem to be quite common aircraft that are showing them.

Oh well that's the update news, sorry it's taken a while to get back to you all, it's all been down to my mate and his spare time (Flipping women getting in the way) and when he was available.

Regards to all
Harpic

Anmer

Here to Help.