Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 09:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Problem with Active Display

Started by asunited, January 14, 2014, 04:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asunited

Hi all. Sorry if this has already been posted but can't find help i need.
I have a Windows 7 laptop. I have the SBS 1e Radar and i have the latest version of the basestation software. I had not used the laptop  for a while but went to LHR the other day. The basestation software loaded correctly but the Active Display loading screen came on and went off after a few seconds but would'nt start up. I downloaded the latest version and it came to the start up screen and said it had shut down and windows was looking for a solution. It could'nt find one. I uninstalled Active Display and also Basestation but Active Display would not ask me where my sqb file was. I tried it on my PC and it asked me. I am sure i would not have this problem if i had Windows XP. I am not used to Windows 7.
Any help would be great before i go to the extreme of resetting my laptop to factory settings and them having to re-install everything again.
Thanks in advance.

Anmer

Welcome

Are you using Active Display Lite or the paid version?
Here to Help.

asunited

I am trying to use the paid version. I downloaded the lite version but that does not work either.

Anmer

My guess it's to do with the location of the active Basestation.sqb file which may be in the Virtual Store and that's where you need to tell AD to find it.

Do you know how to access the Virtual Store?
Here to Help.

asunited

I put the Basestation software directly into the C drive. So it would be C:/Kinectic/Basestation etc. It has been working fine until recently.

Anmer

Thanks.

So you avoided the default Program Files install?

What happens when you run AD Lite?  Does it open?
Here to Help.

asunited

The AD lite start up screen displays but it then comes up with the message "Active Display is not working. Windows is finding a solution to the problem". I will try to get a screenshot.

asunited

Sorry not sure how to insert image.

asunited

Here eventually is screenshot with the problem.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

It may be a .Net issue.

You could try removing all .Net from Control Panel and then running AD again.  It should install .Net.
Here to Help.

asunited

Thanks Anmer. Wll try. Let you know later.

asunited

Active Display is now working!. Digging deeper i found my OS is Windows 7 64 bit. I had downloaded the 32 bit version!. Schoolboy error!.
So if your AD is not working check your bit version.
click "Start"
right click "Computer"
click "Properties"
Look for "System Type"
This will tell you what version you have.
Make sure you download the correct version.

Anmer

Sorry, I should have checked which version you had.

Glad it's all working.
Here to Help.