Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:09:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Can someone give me an overview or point me in the right direction

Started by goingaround, March 11, 2012, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goingaround

Hi
I wasn't really sure if I should be posting here or Active Display but it covers both so here goes.
I am running Base Station along with Flight Display. For a relatively new user I thought this was great and I was quite pleased with the results. I read about Active Display Lite and thought that would also be good to have so I installed that.
I am not really sure what happens now. I am thinking that AD gathers data and populates BS data base. I am not sure if it is started up and it runs on its own (that is what I did) or if somehow it compliments BS as Flight Display does.
Thanks
Rich

Anmer

AD Lite compliments Basestation as does FD.

Basestation has to be running for AD Lite to do its stuff.  AD Lite has to be started (launched).

It can "update" the Basestation.sqb database file.
Here to Help.

Mariner

Smudger98

Hi,
Here is the Active display page from GAS..
Active Display (AD) is a companion to the Kinetic SBS-1 Basestation software providing additional data viewing and editing facilities.

http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/AD_home.asp

HTH..
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Anmer

Active Display is a third-party "add on", developed by the Gatwick Aviation Society, for Kinetic's Basestation.

Basically it provides an additional view of the aircraft in the current Basestation session (including those no longer in contact with the SBS-1/3).  It works with the GAS' server to update aircraft records and allows one to edit the Basestation.sqb via Active Display.

There are other features and currently there are two versions:

Active Display Lite - a free beta

Active Display - £25 for a 1 year licence

There's a 30-day free trial of the full version full version.

http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/AD_home.asp
Here to Help.

Mariner

Hi,

Thank you for all the replies relating to AD. I will follow it up.

Rgds/ Mariner