Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Gary Jones - RIP.

Started by Smudger98, March 22, 2014, 03:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smudger98

posted on the Kinetic site.. the passing of Gary Jones at GAS

It is with much sorrow that I have to announce the death on Thursday of Gary Jones after a short illness & our sincere condolences go to his family & friends. The name may not be familiar to many of you, but Gary was a fellow member of the Gatwick Aviation Society (GAS) & was the guy who single-handedly created & maintained our website. As well as being a great chap, Gary was very talented, ever helpful & it was he who brought you SBS Populate & then ADLite & ADPro. At present I don't know the funeral arrangements &, depending on the wishes of the family, I will advise in due course.

Gary's death leaves us with a tremendous hole, which the rest of us at GAS are attempting to fill, though none of us has anything like his technical expertise or knowledge of the intricacies of maintaining & updating the website. As a result, GAS will not be in a position to answer any questions regarding ADLite & ADPro or, indeed, anything to do with technical matters concerning SBS. In the meantime, I ask for your patience as we try to get to grips with both the loss of Gary & how to keep the website running.

RIP, Gary – you will be sorely missed & long remembered.

A sad loss to the Hobby..  RIP.

Such awful sad news, a helpful, nice chap who will be sadly missed, my thoughts and best wishes go out to his family..
And of course his friends & colleagues.

He will be missed by many.
Smudger.
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

viking9

I am very shocked and saddened to learn of Gary's passing. He was of great assistance to me on more than one occasion.

My condolences to his family, colleagues and friends.

RIP
Tom

Anmer

I was shocked and saddened to hear that Gary was terminally ill and we will miss him dearly.

Always smiling, courteous, helpful and a great asset to GAS and the rest of our community.

A hard act to follow.
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

I exchanged loads of emails with Gary and he even phoned me a few times when I had problems with AD. He was always polite and cheerful and took whatever I had done with a pinch of salt and always left me back working. He was a lovely man and I would like to pass my condolences to his family and friends.

Mike

paulm

Very sad news

Condolences to family, friends and all at GAS

Paul