Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:12:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ADLite and VRS

Started by mezoo, April 23, 2014, 11:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mezoo

This is what I am doing :

My Radarcape feeds to PP and via PP to Flightaware

VRS merges Radarcape and FR24.
VRS rebroadcasts the merged feed and Modesmixer translates the merged feed into a TCP format  that basestation.exe can read
ADLite then connects to basestation.exe, populates and updates the basestation.sqb
(VRS also updates the basestation.sqb with the plugin 'DataBase Writer'

All programmes run under Windows XP.

jonfear

Hi Breitling

Just took a quick look at the modesmixer thread here: http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2921.0.html.

It would appear that you can have multiple inputs as well as multiple outputs. It seems logical that you could set up the output for ADL using BS10001 and beast 30005 to feed PP and beast 33001 to feed VRS. It seems to keep everyone happy. Something like this...

Dongle1 -> dump1090 ---> modesmixer -> PP Beast 30005
Dongle2 -> dump1090 -^                       -> VRS Beast 33001
                                                               -> ADL Basestation 10001

Sorry but I cannot set up here, no spare systems but looks like it should work....and yes, FR24 box needs to be separate if you are sharing data. Shame really.

Jon

Quote from: Breitling on May 28, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
Many thanks Jon, always learning here from you all. There's something I have clear now: FR24 boxes and dongles apart from each other. I'ts a shame because FR24 receivers have a great coverage and contribute nicely to database.

My main goal is MLAT on PP network, so my mind's mesh is bigger now :(

Dongle1 -> dump1090 ---> modesmixer -> PP -> VRS ??
Dongle2 -> dump1090 -^

And where to insert ADL ??

:-[
3 x RPi + RTL2832U, 2 x home brew co-linear + Radar 100.
**** www.vrs-europe.eu **** Help us cover Europe! ****

IanH

ADL needs 30003 output not 10001 so suggest from optional PP 30003 server.

But ADL doesn't work from 30003 output alone - seems to need BaseStation running. I thought I had found a workaround to avoid that but can't make it work any more.

If you have to run BaseStation, might as well take the 30003 output from there.

Breitling

Too late now for testing, I'll try tomorrow with a pair of dongles. Thanks again.

jonfear

Gents

One thing I need to mention, AD Pro (Paid for version) works fine without basestation running or even existing. VRS-E is an example. I also run it on my internal server without BS.

Not wishing to preach but the paid for version goes to help run the server etc which also serves the ADL version. I for one do not mind the £25 per annum fee for what it gives me! The data is updated correctly and in a timely fashion. Saves me a lot of time filling in the gaps!

Hope this helps....

Jon
3 x RPi + RTL2832U, 2 x home brew co-linear + Radar 100.
**** www.vrs-europe.eu **** Help us cover Europe! ****

Anmer

On the other hand, AD Lite helps sell the Pro version.  Just another perspective.

And following Gary's untimely death, it's not clear if either version of AD will be supported in future.

SBS1 Populate was a great app for populating the BaseStation.sqb file which many preferred to AD.  But it's no longer supported.
Here to Help.