Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

FD 7.95 aircraft not displaying on SBS

Started by terrywadeairbus, October 21, 2014, 07:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrywadeairbus

Can anyone please help me?

I recently upgraded my older version of FD 6 to FD 7.95.

I've imported the airport and squawk csv files, but I cannot get the routes displayed on my SBS any more, the previous version did so, but I kept on getting errors. I have Popular Name ticked under display settings/scope on my SBS, this is where the routes use to come up in the aircraft list and display on the radar screen

Thanks

Terry

Anmer

Have you configured FD to use this database field for the routes?
Here to Help.

terrywadeairbus

Hi Anmer

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I have done that, but will re check tomorrow and let you know

Terry 

terrywadeairbus

Hi Anmer

I've just checked the FD settings and I do have FD configured to write route to single field Popular Name, and I have this ticked in my SBS, this is where the routes use to appear on my older version of FD?

Thanks

Terry

terrywadeairbus

Hi Amner

Having restarted my PC, SBS, MMS2 server and Active Display my FD now appears to work.

Is there anyway of having less NA' s showing as very few routes appear, would having an up to date route list help, if so would anyone please be able to supply me with one?

Thanks

Terry

terrywadeairbus

Another question please?

Is it possible to update/change routes in FD 7.95 I've looked at the interface and can't see a way of doing it? If there is a way could someone please explain how to do it, I really want to add all the NAX ATC call signs?

Thanks

Terry

Anmer

Remember FD is no longer supported and the scripts that are used to look up routes may fail if the target website changes.

FD has an online Help file which can be invoked by using the F1 function key when FD is running.

This explains how to import Routes:

Import Routes CSV File

This option allows the user to import flight information into the FD routes database. A file navigation dialogue is displayed to allow the user to locate the import file. FD assumes that the first line of the file contains the field headings and is ignored. The remaining lines should contain the data to be imported. Please ensure that the file is in the following format.
Here to Help.

terrywadeairbus

Thanks Anmer for your help, I'll check that out and try and import some routes.

Terry