Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

PP Input / Output settings.

Started by charliebrown, November 08, 2014, 11:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliebrown

Now PP back up and running, I've been having a look at my PP Input / Output settings.

I am running BaseStation and PP with the Kinetic 1090 and SDR Pucks.

Do these settings look OK, in particular the Mode-S/ADS-B setting.

Charlie

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Triple7

Here's mine using SBS-1er. I don't have any outputs set and don't receive ACARS. I also have SBS1/3 direct TCP selected as that gives the II and SI radar identifiers if you set things up correctly in BaseStation and also enter the correct IP address in PP (127.0.0.1:30006) under Options>>Mode-S receiver>>Kinetic SBS family - and pick the correct receiver from the list.

Tim

SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

satcom

Thats spot on Tim for a basic SBS set up where only mode S is  uploaded

IanH

And Tim's is exactly the same as mine which is good to know  ;D

charliebrown

Hi John

I was wondering about my setup.  With using the two pucks, I have changed mine to SBS1/3 direct TCP as Triple7 suggested.  I take it the rest of my settings are OK.

Under the Options>>Mode-S receiver>>Kinetic SBS family which receiver should I select from the Kinetic SBS family as the pucks are not listed ?

With the ACARS decoder are the settings below OK ?

satcom

ACARS looks OK...for the Puck , select SBS3

charliebrown

Thanks for that John.

What I have found with my setup is that if the PP Input / Output settings Mode-S/ADS-B setting is set at SBS1/3 direct TCP (as suggested by Triple7) , it does not work.  It needs to be set on SBS1/RBv3TCP or no local aircraft are transferred from BaseStation to PP.

Keef

I've found the same thing.

No local traffic when set to SBS1/3 direct TCP, although the raw data counter does increment.
Setting PP to SBS1/RBv3TCP is the only way I can get it to work properly.

I always assumed it was just me and as it works I wasn't too concerned.

Be nice to know what I'm doing wrong with the SBS1/3 direct TCP set-up  :)

satcom

Did you note the second step as described by Tim...

(127.0.0.1:30006) under Options>>Mode-S receiver>>Kinetic SBS family - and pick the correct receiver from the list.

You also need to be up to date with your Basestation sw and fw

Triple7

I had the same issue with my Netbook - please see messages from me on the Yahoo PP list dated 12th and 13th April 2014 - sorry I don't know the message No's.

I concluded it was to do with setting Raw Data for Mlats in I/O options - as it was for a mobile set-up, I accepted that I shouldn't have that option set so I reverted to  SBS1/RBv3TCP and selected Options>>Mode-S>> receiver>>Kinetic SBS family>>SBS1-BS IP address to 127.0.0.1:30003 which seemed to work with the Raw Data for Mlats in I/O options un-checked in I/O options.

I never got a conclusive reply to my issue so I just left it as above and from memory I don't see the II/SI radar identifiers on my Netbook set-up, everything else works as it should.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

IanH

I'm still checking out my SBS-3 so not registered for MLAT yet [previous response was for a SBS-1e]. Hence it has no MLAT boxes ticked but is working fine using Direct TCP and 127.0.0.1:30006.  IID works and also showing projected changes in altititude.

If you are using SBS1/RB3 TCP, you don't have to specify 30003.

Now I'm going to have to check my netbook - never used for MLAT but certainly works on a RTL2832 dongle with 30006 port showing projected changes in altititude.

Anyone see any common factors? I don't!

Keef

Quote from: satcom on November 08, 2014, 07:57:51 PM
Did you note the second step as described by Tim...

(127.0.0.1:30006) under Options>>Mode-S receiver>>Kinetic SBS family - and pick the correct receiver from the list.

Hi satcom,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, I did set up PP as indicated.
I spent an hour or so playing around this afternoon but the only way I can get local traffic and raw data is with the SBS1/RBv3TCP option.

I'm running build 519 firmware and 1.2.3.180 software.

satcom

satcom

Aha..that expains it

Its a loooooong time  since I tried the ethernet connection , but there is something in the back of my mind that you need to  use the IP you set up in non vol mem and add the 30006 port

eg     192.168.2.170:30006 

Try that