Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active Display Aircraft picturees window

Started by Roadrunner, January 06, 2015, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadrunner

Hi there,

I seem to have lost the pictures window from my main PC screen. The current list appears on the link to the program on the task bar but cant see a way to get it back on scree.  I am using single screen set up and shutting down and restarting dosn't bring it back. HP pavillion PC running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Any ideas please.

Regards Mike

Anmer

Hi Mike

Can you describe exactly what you are doing and not succeeding with?

When you right click on the Task Bar icon, what do you see as the target under Properties?
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Anmer

I have Active display pinned to my task bar. In it I see small images of the elements of AD that I have set up. List, alerts. and Pictures.

I can minimise the List and Alerts into the task bar and by clicking on them they will transfer back to the main screen in the positions previously recorded. But for whatever reason the pictures window will not even appear anywhere but in the task bar.

In earlier versions of windows I am sure you could click on the list (in combination with another key) to get the window to pop up again on screen and then position it as I want. I have been unable to find a way to do this with windows 8.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Anmer

Thanks Mike.

Have you tried closing down AD and relaunching it?

Here to Help.

Roadrunner

I've tried that. At the end of each day it is shut down properly and the next day it opens up and starts automatically bu the pictures remain just in the status bar. I can go into the status bar and make the pictures full screen but it is not allowing me to get it up on screen next tio the aircraft list with a 1 image X 5 down images as it used to do.

Anmer

Thanks Mike.

The status bar normally shows minimised windows.  Do you only have one monitor?  When you force the window to display, try rearranging it and then minimise.
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Anmer,

As is always the way with me and computers. I managed to highlight the aircraft photos in the task bar, right clicked the mouse, selected move and hit the up arrow and hey presto the window magically re-appeared. I am writing these instructions to myself for use in the future.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

Roadrunner

ps I had been trying to right click while on the photo list. I should have been highlighting the photo list and then outside that little box hit right click on mouse which then gave me the option to move plus arrow that got it back on screen so that I could place it as I wanted..... ???

Anmer

Here to Help.