Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:25:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Hope somebody can help

Started by G6EZG, January 09, 2015, 06:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6EZG

Hi Anmer

I have tried all the software 
Spoke to w&s and it is going back for a replacement  out of the new stock they are expecting next week
Got the impression that this is a problem know to them

Ivan

Anmer

Quote from: G6EZG on January 10, 2015, 10:10:23 AM
out of the new stock they are expecting next week

"New stock"?

I'd be surprised if AirNav is manufacturing new RadarBoxes.  If you get one, let us know what software version is on the CD.
Here to Help.

G6EZG

I will do an Anmer
I will be surprised as well can't imagine new stock at the current price.
But the package I have here won't work so I have no option but to send it back I have spent all week trying to get it to work

What else is available at a sensible price.  That works ?

IanH

I'm assuming the supplied code is something in the form of:

Username: PGANRBxxxxxx  (where x= a number - total of 6 numbers)
Password: xxxxxxxxx (where x= a number - total of 9 numbers)

There have been reports on the AirNav forum of difficulties getting it to work with Win8.1.

Not sure if it is everyone using Win8.1 but seems to be a problem with AirNav not providing signed drivers.  :o

I'll try to set up a Win8.1 Virtual Machine later to see if it works for me with my working code.

Triple7

Nic Story has done a write up on how to get Win 8 and Win 8.1 going without it asking for signed drivers. This was for the zadig (dongle) drivers but may also help with AirNav as well:

http://www.nicstorey.co.uk/planeplotter/?q=Disable%20Win%208%20Driver%20Signing

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Nigel

Ivan

If you're looking for an alternative I would recommend a Kinetic 1090 Puck. Probably more expensive than a Radarbox but it is excellent. I've had a Radarbox for 6 years and just bought a Puck, there is no comparison. It was very easy to setup, especially following Amner's excellent review and guide in the 'Guides' section on here.

Nigel

G6EZG

Thanks Nigel

I have been looking at the puck but just might jump in and go for the srb -3

But will choose carefully this time

Ivan

G6EZG

Thanks IanH

Yes that's the format of the codes they gave me
The only difference was that the anrb was lower case but I have tried upper case as well

Ivan

IanH

Not had a lot of luck getting the ANRB running on a Win8.1 VM. Eventually got it installed (version of ANRB50072 was the first one with files missing!). But although claiming it can see RB1, it does not appear to really be connected - no plots - that might be a VM problem.

But the major reason for trying was to see if my serial/username combination worked in Win8.1 - IT DID

It also told me the account was no longer valid since a long time ago - of course on closer checking it meant the "free" sharing account.

IanH

If you abandon the Radarbox, consider why you would go with an SBS-3 instead?

I have one but I bought it 2nd hand for not much more than a Puck. It does have the SDR radio but I only use that occasionally. My main reason was for its ethernet connection.

If you are not bothered about ethernet or SDR, go for a 1090 Puck. Like the Radarbox  it has a USB connection but there the similarities seem to end.

IIRC, 1090 Puck is half the price of an SBS-3  ;)

G6EZG

Hi Ian

Yes the software on startup  found the Rb1
So I assume the drivers were installed
Only when I try and put in supplied codes  I get the codes don't match warning box

Still thinking about the  3.  Like the idea of sdr receivers built in then I can listen to atc as well

Radar box going back tommrow for a exchange so will see what happens

Ivan

Anmer

Quote from: G6EZG on January 11, 2015, 08:24:03 AM
Radar box going back tommrow for a exchange so will see what happens

I hope Waters & Stanton are paying for the return postage?
Here to Help.

IanH

On a real installation of Win8.1 (rather than as a VM) Radarbox software finds the Radarbox and plots.

Thanks to Tim for how to bypass the Win8.1 signed drivers restriction although I need to contact Nic Storey to add the missing bits for those basic instructions!

G6EZG

Yes anmer they are.
Just tried it on a windows 7 lap top and it's just the same
Will be asking them to make sure the codes are on the cd cover

I take it they are no software problems on the srb -3 and windows 8

Keef

I'm running an older SBS-1eR with Basestation 1.2.3.180 on a Win 8.1 box, I don't think you'll have any problems if you go down the Kinetic route.