Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Network Address

Started by plevtls, January 15, 2015, 08:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plevtls

Hi, I've recently moved home and my new ip address is in the 192.168.0 range. This is giving me issues in connecting to the network. I have an SBS 1e, which worked fine in the 192.168.1 range.

Any ideas how to rectify?

Cheers

IanH

Two thoughts - change the SBS-1e IP address to the 192.168.0. range. Although that isn't solving the cause.

But first where is the PC getting the 192.168.0 address from? It is an internal IP address so it can be set to whatever you want so that it works with the SBS-1e.

Moving home shouldn't have altered things - something is different about your network - a new broadband connection?

So quick fix or finding the "problem"?

Triple7

SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

plevtls

Hi Ian, yes I'm using a different internet provider. I'll give the document listed a whirl, see if I can resolve.

plevtls

I'm changing the ip address and the subnet mask as per the instructions, but it won't 'ping' 192.168.1.170 as per the pdf. Any ideas on the next step in this instance?

Cheers

Anmer

Just seen this post.

I'm off to bed now but will take a closer look tomorrow morning.
Here to Help.

plevtls

Cheers Anmer

I was actually setting up the Basestation in the loft on a TP Link repeater, and I'm wondering if this is causing a problem. This afternoon I will bring everything down and try again through the main router, to see if I get the same result.

Anmer

Can I check a few things?

1. Is your current LAN address range now 192.68.0.nnn?

2. What address did you change and how?  Your local LAN address range or that of the SBS-1eR?

I have to go out today so may not be here again until early evening.
Here to Help.

plevtls

Hi Anmer

My address is now 192.168.0.nnn

I changed the address in the network adaptor settings as per the pdf instructions, but I received a message back when trying to ping 192.168.1.170 of general failure.

I'll be at home with access, from 3 till about 6.30, if you need me to try anything.

Thanks again

Anmer

If your LAN address range isnow  192.168.0.nnn and the SBS-1eR has an address 192.168.1.170, the ping will fail.

If you changed the SBS-1eR address to 192.168.0.170, try pinging that.
Here to Help.

plevtls

Apologies for being a technophobe but, how do I change the SBS IP address to 192.168.0.170?

Anmer

The default IP address of the SBS-1eR (and SBS-3) is 192.168.1.170.

If the LAN address range is 192.168.0.nnn (or another incomaptible one), it cannot "see" the SBS-1eR.

You have two choices:

1. Change the LAN IP address range to 192.168.1.nnn or

2. Change the SBS-1eR IP address to match the LAN, such as 192.168.0.170.

Changing the SBS-1eR address is explained in the PDF document.
Here to Help.

plevtls

Okay cheers Anmer

I did try the PDF document last night without success, but I'll give it another go this afternoon.

IanH

Take a look at the network settings on your PC.

Is the IP address of your PC set manually or obtained automatically?

If set manually why not change it to be in the 192.168.1.nnn range?

If obtained automatically, you would need to know how to change whatever is providing that IP address.

Anyway,  some options