Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:45:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

iOS App PP Friend (iPad & iPhone)

Started by ik2wxx, April 03, 2012, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ik2wxx

If anyone interested.....

On iTunes App Store you can find "PP Friend", a new iPad/iPhone App for showing aircraft list and map with data from your SBS-1 + Basestation or PlanePlotter.

Give it a try !

Roberto

Anmer

Is there a fee for this application?
Here to Help.

ik2wxx

nzradar

This app receives my port 30003 data but only if I'm inside my home network, I can't get it to connect to my home network from outside, i.e at work or on a different network.

Roberto (the developer in Italy) can connect to my home network on his iPad.  Has anyone else had this problem?

BigRed

Mike,

I cant connect either to my home network from outside either.

I cant see how unless you VPN in?

It works fine while at home location.

CAM

TVL

ik2wxx

Maybe your provider is filtering traffic on port 30003 (as well as other non standard tcp/ip ports).
Works great for me, with Mike data, also on 3G
Roberto

Chris-G0WTZ

Chris-G0WTZ

I have to say Basestation with AD lite and VRS gives me all I want from the SBS mind you I might just get networked soon ;)

nzradar

Thanks for the input guys, I have a VRS but seldom use it because of the memory overhead it uses.  Without anything else bu BS and SBS Plotter running I only consume about 1Gb of RAM which is where I like it when running unattended.  I use my iPad at work and it sits next to my PC so when the PP Friend app came out I saw this as good way to keep in touch with my 'virtual radar'.

I can't see that my provider is filtering 30003 as I can connect to my home URL from work and stream port 30003 in a web browser on my work PC but not in Safari on the iPad.  And I can't do this from a variety of other free networks around my town which lends me to think it's an Apple or iPad specific setting.

I just need to find the right one to change.