Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 10:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

US Navy F-18 crashes in residential Virginia

Started by Anmer, April 06, 2012, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

A US Navy F-18 jet has crashed shortly after take off in a residential area near Virginia Beach, Virginia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17640618
Here to Help.

viking9

The first report was more than enough - unless one has a morbid interest in aircraft accidents.
Tom

mhm

Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Brian

Each link has different info to read about the crash.

viking9

How much information do you need about an aircraft accident? Apart from the official enquiry which will give the facts - in about 12 months time. As I stated, you have to have a morbid curiosity to scour the web for each and every reference. And it's not as if it was some interesting, obscure report that had not been published elsewhere. There cannot have been one member here who was not already well aware of this tragic incident before you published your multiple references.

Tom

Anmer

Quote from: viking9 on April 07, 2012, 06:24:06 PM
How much information do you need about an aircraft accident?

There's nothing in the forum rules about posting links to multiple reports.

Brian's post may have been over zealous but let's leave it at that.
Here to Help.

viking9

It's nothing to do with RULES - more about GHOULS.
Tom

Anmer

It is about Rules:

Conflicts:
If you have an issue with another member try to resolve it via PM in a polite and non abusive manner and not within the regular forum.

Here to Help.

Brian

More links the better.  Never know when a link goes dead/404!  Always nice to have backup links for the story on any thread...

If only one link is posted (the link Anmer posted in the first post) What happens when the link goes 404/dead.... 
The forum reader can use the other quick links to get the topic info without wasting their time using the search engine to find the story, etc....

I'm sure most people hate reading a thread and find a dead link on it without any backup links posted.

If you have any other questions on why I post links,etc... Please ask via PM/Email.  So we can keep the thread on topic.
I'm sure most of the readers didn't want to read the above 3 posts that didn't talk about the the F-18 crash.