Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:58:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

MicroADSB

Started by cazpaul, April 08, 2012, 12:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cazpaul

Any members using this any feedback?

Bethsalem

cazpaul, I used to have one when I had more time to use a receiver when I was working away from home. A good mobile receiver due to it's small size. Works well with both ADSBScope and PlanePlotter. Now in its third version. Not the most sensitive, but for the price, very good value. Miro is good to deal with and releases firmware updates for his device when needed. Likewise, frequent updates of both ADSBScope and PlanePlotter software. Very good and helpful Yahoo Group forum I would recommend joining too.

Stephen

JmGarcia

I have order one. I am to it hope to receive it of post office  :P
Mi abuelo deci­a: Los aviones vuelan porque Dios quiere y los helicopteros ni Dios sabe porque vuelan.
(SBS-1eR, Bullion2 y microADSB, desarrollos propios en xHarbour, xBase, FiveWin, Xailer y Borland)

APO1972

Hello,
On microADSB site (http://46.40.125.13:8000/) says :"By ADSBScope he imitates SBS1 port 30003 and all programs that run with
SBS1, receive data.".
ADSBScope is a software compatible with microADSB...and i wonder if first run ADSBScope and then after run BaseStation(supplied software for SBS-1) , can we see flights on BaseStation radar screen???

Anmer

Basestation needs to get data direct from the receiver (SBS-1/3) and not from port 30003.  Basestation outputs data to port 30003.

ADSBScope is an alternative to Basestation and outputs data on port 30003 so that any software that uses port 30003 data from Basestation should also work with ADSBScope.
Here to Help.

APO1972

Oh thanks i understood  ;)...alternative and chipper device than SBS-3 who sends directly data to BaseStation exists? ;D

Anmer

Quote from: APO1972 on April 21, 2012, 04:06:17 PM
...alternative and chipper device than SBS-3 who sends directly data to BaseStation exists? ;D

Rumour has it that someone has been able to run Basestation from other receivers but I haven't seen this myself.
Here to Help.

APO1972

Neither not directly , through other application? first run something else and then after run BaseStation?  :(

Anmer

Basestation is looking for data from the SBS-1/3.  If something can connect to another receiver and then "pretend" to be an SBS-1/3, then Basestation can connect.
Here to Help.

Saudistu

Basestation does indeed work with the MicroADSB. It seems a tad slow and I have not had time to see how it copes with the MicroADSB connected to my external Antenna (a lot more aircraft) so far, but it is encouraging for those of us that use both Planeplotter and Basestation, but prefer the layout of Basestation. No idea on the legality of the "link" software though !

Anmer

Thanks Stu.

Does it need some "middleware" between the microADSB and Basestation?
Here to Help.

Saudistu

Hi Mike,

It uses a "variation" of ADSBScope. The .exe is called ADSBscope26716.exe and when running there isd abutton you press that sets up the handshake to the Basestation. You then start Basestation normally. It tricks the Basestation into seeing a network connection. You have to set the SocketIntfPort in Basestation.ini to 10001. Here is a screen grab. I will connect it to my external Antenna in a while and see how it looks then.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

Thanks Stu.

I'm sure Kinetic will be pleased.  ;)
Here to Help.

Saudistu

Kinetic must know about it already. I think it is around a year ago that it was first mentioned. Back then only aircraft with ADS-B showed in the list. Now it appears everything shows in the list. I am going to have to use my netbook to try it connected to the External Antenna. I am having problems with my Logilink Network USB hub so cannot connect to the PC. It keeps dropping out. I will let you know the results tomorrow. Work later for me:-(

Maaybe this could see Kinetic developing a version of Basestation that can use other "AVR" receivers. Charge a bit of dosh for a license. That way people won't have to use a backdoor method to use what for many is the better laid out software.

viking9

Does it update Basestation.sqb?
Tom