Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Azimuth and distance display

Started by lucaberta, April 27, 2016, 07:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucaberta

Hello,

I wonder whether the fact that I see nothing in the azimuth and distance columns is related to some errors in the configuration of my modesmixer2 instance, or maybe not?

Check the attached picture to better understand what I mean.

Is anyone seeing data in those two columns?

Thanks,

Luca

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

IanH

What is your modesmixer2 command line?

The lack of distance and bearing suggests modesmixer2 does not know your location.

lucaberta

Quote from: IanH on April 27, 2016, 08:53:28 AM
What is your modesmixer2 command line?

The lack of distance and bearing suggests modesmixer2 does not know your location.
thank for your reply Ian, as you can see I have the coordinates in my command line parameters:

modesmixer2 —-location 46.48:6.37 --inSerial /dev/ttyUSB0:3000000:hardware --web 8080 --outServer beast:30005

Any other idea what might be happening?

Is this enough for FlightRadar24 and FlightAware feeding? Or do I need to add any other parameters for MLAT?

As you can see I am using a ModeS beast connected via USB to my RPi2.

Thanks,

Luca

IanH

Not sure if you have copied that command line but the first parameter "location" should be --location. You seem to have something slightly different.

lucaberta

Quote from: IanH on April 27, 2016, 10:06:48 AM
Not sure if you have copied that command line but the first parameter "location" should be --location. You seem to have something slightly different.
Ian, you're a star!

I have used Evernote to copy-paste the command line, and it did turn the double dashes into a long dash, which is good when writing documents, but bad in command-line scripts...

Of course I did not noticed it, that's why I needed a different set of eyes.

It is now working well, thanks a lot!

Bye, Luca