Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:06:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Heads-Up Request from Lazy Dorset Holiday Maker...

Started by Captain Plummet, June 03, 2015, 11:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Plummet

Hi all.

I'm off to Dorset for my holidays next week, staying just east of Dorchester.

Any chance of a heads-up from anyone local there as to what are the most useful freqs to programme into my scanner for overflights? (Mainly interested in upper airways stuff, but all info welcome.) I will be putting in the Bournemouth/Hurn freqs too, but I'm not sure how useful they will be that far away.

I always do my best to look airways freqs up in Airwaves and UKAIP, but I usually get totally flummoxed and end up programming the wrong ones in...  :-[

Thanks in advance.

Captain Plummet

Yes, thanks for that. What I had more in mind was just a couple of frequencies specific to the Dorchester area from someone with local knowledge.

For example, here in Altrincham I have all the frequencies programmed in, but in reality I only have to scan 132.86 and 131.13 to get most of the upper airways stuff passing above me, even though the descriptions of those two, (Lakes South and Sector 32/Daventry), wouldn't necessarily draw anyone visiting this area to them as being the 'obvious' ones to listen to.

As I say, I have all the frequency lists to hand, but I often choose the wrong ones when I go on me hols despite them appearing to be correct in the lists.

Captain Plummet

Perhaps I could put it another way.

Is there anyone local to Dorchester who can confirm that the frequencies I ought to programme in there are 128.815, (Berry Head Upper, Sector 36) and 129.425, (Hurn West, Sectors 20 -21)?

G4UMW

Rob/G4UMW

Graham Bell

On the two freqs. mentioned by "G4" you should get two-way transmissions as the transmitter is at Ventnor on the Isle of Wight
Regards-
G.B.

Captain Plummet

Roger dodge! Just what I was after!

Thanks for that; much appreciated.

G4UMW

128.815 and 129.425 are transmitted from Ventnor too. I got good reception from there when I was in Shanklin a few weeks ago!  ;D
Rob/G4UMW

mhm

Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

G4UMW

That link gives me a 404 error - page not found.

http://www.airradiouk.com/page63.html works.
Rob/G4UMW

mhm

Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being