Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

OperatorFlags Rogue Files

Started by Anmer, April 10, 2012, 06:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

New Version Released 26 April 2012
Now works with both 32 and 64 bit Windows.

There have been a number of reports on the Kinetic forum of Basestation errors where non-bmp format files have been saved in the OperatorFlags folder.  These files have bmp file extensions but aren't valid bmp formats.  Consequently Basestation tries to load these files at start-up and that's when problems start.

Some have thousands of files in the OperatorFlags folder and finding the rogue file is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

But help is now available using the BmpChk.jar utility created by our member Stephen Jakeman aka jakems.

I've been testing BmpChk.jar and it works just great.  The Zip file includes a 5-page illustrated User Guide and jakems is happy to answer questions or receive feedback.

Thank you Stephen.
Here to Help.

Triple7

Works a treat - it found a few non-standard file dimensions in my set, so well worth running.

Thanks jakems

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Truetrack

That really can be help, Great idea !

Just recently  I almost went nuts looking for a faulty file even though I have only
some 1900+ in the Operatorflags.
In a lengthy process finally found 4 locations amiss.

To tell you of my painstaking troubleshooting
First scrolled down the folder - readme.txt found and deleted
restart BS and waiting for improvement, still many empty...
now done more thoroughly and deleted two more which have slipped in in a recent shuffling files between
PC and NB
restart BS and waiting - similar number of blanks
found THYs SAS SHY all missing and thanks to the rather frequent and missing RYR
I looked into that one - slight diff size apparently jpg even though ext .bmp deleted and replaced
restart BS and again waiting period and voilà...
they were all there again

Similar problems?
please keep in mind that Basestation is reading the folder once at the startup
and stops reading after the last intact file w/o warning, this may indicate where to look for.
Same goes for the Outlines and Waypoint files btw.

regards
Klaus

Anmer

Hi Klaus

Was your experience before the bmpchk utility was available or using it?
Here to Help.

Truetrack

Oh no,
that happened before you came up with the bmpchk
Klaus

Anmer

Here to Help.