Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:00:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Vantage Vue Weather station

Started by Ian K, November 15, 2015, 08:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian K

Bit of a long shot

Does anybody have a Davis Vantage Vue weather station with Weatherlink USB software ?
Since the lovely Windows 10 update on Saturday I cannot download or display data, I keep getting error message "Station Communication error or device not found" when clearly it is plugged in. I have tried a different USB port but still get same message.
Anyone  know a fix for this ?

Thanks

Ian
Ian

Keef

I don't know of this bit of kit, but I have had a couple of problems with the latest W10 update too.

I've resolved most of my problems by un-installing and re-installing the bits of software that were playing up.
Worth a try...

Ian K

Yes I would, but have too much data which I don't want to lose but may have to as a last resort.

Thanks
Ian

mhm

Try the supportline before you do anything Ian.

support@davisnet.com — E-mail to Technical Support.
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Ian K

Ian

mhm

Windows 10 is a real pain if upgraded. Have now bought an Acer 64 bit running 12gb mem and a 3tb hard drive. Up to now it works well doing as it should, loading on all old software, is taking its time but am getting there.

Hope support can help you out. May just be a driver prob.
Mike

mezoo

I use the Cumulus program from SandaySoft for my weather station (not a vantage vue)
This programme freeware.

The Cumulus site has a great forum with many discussions about general software and Windows problems
Maybe you can find or ask for an answer there.

http://sandaysoft.com/forum/index.php

Ian K

Ian

Ian K

Just to finish this

I had an email from Davis today and apparently the W10 update corrupted the SiLabs USBXpress driver, they suggested Rolling back to the previous driver which I did and everything is back to normal.

Ian
Ian

mhm

Mike