Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 09:04:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Spring Raffle 2016

Started by Anmer, April 04, 2016, 09:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LFO-Ruud

Here are my three reasons for sharing data with FlightAware:

1. Like most of us, the MLAT capability.
2. The possibility to also see what's happening in the sky somewhere else and not only what's going on over my head.  8)
3. It's just fun

Anmer

LFO-Ruud

The Raffle is open to all Radarspotting members who have at least one previous post.  So if you're an existing member, make a post to introduce yourself before the Raffle opens on Sunday 10th April 2016

To enter, post a reply here stating three reasons for sharing data with FlightAware and one suggestion to make it even better.

Unfortunately your entry won't qualify.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

CX6BX

Hi ! I'm on time?

Three reasons:

• Increce MLAT coverage in Latin America
  • Enjoy this hobby! :P
  • Improve database flying from my area

One suggestion?  :-\

• Make a more friendly installation

Greetings from Uruguay, and yeah, my english sucks  :-X

GerryBerry

Here goes:

1 Increasing the awareness of the impact of aviation
2 Increasing the availability of MLAT
3 Simplicity of construction and setup – a great way to learn about the technology involved

Suggestion:
Collate some of the projects to enhance the DUMP 1090 display into a beginners (idiots) guide.

Ciao!

dfroula

Reasons for sharing data:

1-MLAT capability makes positions of Mode A/C transponder aircraft known and visible within local coverage area.

2-Coverage outside local receiver coverage area possible with mutual sharing.

3-Use of a Raspberry Pi and receiver makes 24/7 sharing possible without the need to keep computer on, with associated savings in power and computer wear and tear.

Improvement idea - Nicer appearing graphical display with more customization options.

Regards,

Don

pellonet

Reasons for Sharing Data:

1. Being part of the Flight Data Sharing community opens the gateway to a valuable insight into the global view of air traffic movements in addition to the asset of a vast pool of knowlege from members at all levels of expertise.
2. The published reception figures of other contributors gives a useful comparative assessment of my own rig's performance.
3. Being able to make use of & contribute to MLAT data.

I could go on asthere are numerous reasons but the above were the first ones that came to mind.

Whoops, suddenly realised I wasn't on the forum I thought & clearly I don't have a history of posts here so I guess my entry won't be valid, sorry.  ???

Triple7

With reference to your point 1), you don't happen to work in a marketing dept. do you?  ;D ;D

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

eyeinthesky

1   Allows new (or old) enthuasiasts to see aircraft without selling a kidney,
   2   With MLat allows sharing to help to see aircraft that does not show normally which makes the hobby more interesting,
   3   And helps to become part of a big network which benifits all,

Try and update map.

Regards,

John.

charliebrown

My three reasons for sharing data with FlightAware are:

1. MLAT capability.
2. Great website and statistics.
3. it is good to share existing receiver data with others.

Thanks for organising this competition Mike.   :)

Charlie

aerialpirates

1. PiAware - Great tool for ADS-B and Raspberry fans
2. Low cost and easy to setup
3. MLAT

Suggestions:
Please display the world map (+ flights) on the home page and implement responsive template.

Anmer

Winners Announced

The following 5 members were randomly drawn in the Spring 2016 Raffle.

kensik
belgianguy
jmaurin
KLIA
GerryBerry

Will each winner send me a Personal Message with their full shipping address.  I will then arrange to post the prize of a FlightAware Pro Stick and filter.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who entered.
Here to Help.