Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Feature Suggestions for ModeSMixer2 and ModeSDeco2

Started by sergsero, November 26, 2015, 02:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergsero

Hello,

I try to read feedback for all the messages in this section of the forum. However, I don't always manage to find suggestions by development of programs amid other discussed problems or errors.

It's very valuable information for me.

So I decided to create this thread specifically to accommodate user suggestions for development and adding new features. Of course, if future development of the software will be interesting to users.

I will be grateful if we manage to systematize here main feature suggestions for modesmixer2/modesdeco2.

It is possible that they were already made earlier, and it would be great to duplicate them here.

Best regards,
sergsero

Nevermind

Mysql (or similar) support would be nice. :)
And a scalable distance range. Coz i need more than 500km ;)
Maybe a separate config file? At the moment I'm doing this with a bash-script.
A Web GUI would be awesome! 8)

herrmann-s

hi sergsero

is there any possibility to add some sort of filter to filter "uninteresting" hex ranges out or show ONLY INTERESTED hex range?

for example
a positive filter and negative. lets say i m interested in german airplanes only then i can add "pass only hex-range 4C0000 - 4CFFFF"
and negative filter if i am NOT interested in german airplanes "dont let them pass from hex-range 4C0000 - 4CFFFF"?

and also which accepts "and"

a very nice solution would be to read some sort of text file which looks similar to condex.txt file of planeplotter. that would bereally great.

i can reduce the traffic a little bit and shows only airplanes i am interested in.

rueckwaertsflieger

Dear Sergsero,

in means of a new feature I highly demand an APRS input for Flarm sentences.  Speaking application-focused, please keep on building an - I like to call that - "airfield manager virtual radar".  I am in search for that since the OGN Solution emerged, but there is just a flood of great technology out there but no all in one solution, some glue is missing.  So you have to fiddle along with numerous things for getting all the required info and tools as a manger on an airfield.  Too much fiddling for valuable quick info.

So far with my summary.  I will explain this in more detail in the text attached, but be assured, your app already comes close to the specs of a true airfield manager virtual radar, "AMVR".  With one master feature missing:  Processing Flarm (OGN) reception. Flarm is the small brother of ADS-B plus a collision warning device.  I bet you know.  The OGN solution has a genuine APRS output, that could be fed to modesmixer2.

More technically speaking:  Please create an APRS/Flarm/OGN input for simultaneous display with 1090 Transponder tracking.

Thank you,
Wolfram.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

ytsejam

Hi Sergsero,

I really like your new feature : --add-points and --add-refernce-point.

But I'm wondering:

1. If it can be loaded from a CSV file instead of from command line?

2. Is it possible to draw a line with several points? I wish to put the FIR EN ROUTEs on the map as well.

Regards,
Ytsejam

joshuadouch

Some sort of latest flights seen page / something that can be embedded on a external webpage or latest flights get written to a sqb database along with time seen duration seen for hex reg dep airport and arrival airport.

lesveldt

I would like to see a FLARMdeco prog.

With a output to Virtual Radar Server :)

tekmanoid

a new column for displaying "Operator Flag" next to the Silhuette of the aircraft would be nice (similar to VRS)
(The implementation should be similar to the display of the sihouette)

kneave

The ability to add a Google Maps API key would be very useful for me. :)

AVDB

Radio2.0

QuoteI would like to see a FLARMdeco prog.
The are encrypt (that what Pilotes want).

>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.

chrisc550

I currently use ModeSMixer2 to combine several dump1090 feeds from Raspberry Pis and store the messages received for use in visualizations and data analysis. I use the FATSV output format to log to a plaintext file then a Python program to clean up that file and parse it into a CSV that I can easily load into software for analysis. My main issue with this system is that the FATSV output contains only the basic information like latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, heading but not the extra information displayed in the left sidebar of the ModeSMixer2 map interface.

It would be very useful to be able to specify an option to ModeSMixer2 to log received messages to a CSV file, and for that to include not only the basic information that you might find in the MSG output format but additional parameters like vertical speed, Target State and Status information like the state of autopilot, TCAS, MCP/FCU, and basically any other information that is currently displayed in the left sidebar of the map interface in ModeSMixer2 (including the feed source/receiver ID). Fields not included in the message (currently represented as a ? in the interface) would just be the empty string, and it would probably make the most sense to have the first two fields be the 24-bit ICAO hex address of the aircraft and the timestamp of the message. I see that others have suggested MySQL support here but implementing CSV support would probably be much simpler to begin with, and there are already tools out there to insert the contents of a CSV file into a MySQL database.

Thanks for your consideration and for building such a useful program!

chrisc550

Another feature that would be nice to have (but much less important than CSV logging mentioned above) would be the ability to specify a location for different receivers/sources similar to how we can now specify a name for different receivers/sources in ModeSMixer2. It's nice being able to click on a plane on the map view and see which receiver is tracking it (Source ID), but it would be even better to calculate the distance/azimuth values using the longitude/latitude specified for that receiver. I can see how this could conflict with the current functionality where the distance/azimuth are calculated based on the --location option, but perhaps under the "Source ID" in the left sidebar there could also be "distance from source" and "azimuth from source".

Oops, didn't notice there is now an --add-reference-point parameter that does exactly this.

evertonma

A web-based database editor (SQB) would be very nice...

Conexia

The SQB database Web editor is already working in the version of Modesmixer2 with a configuration file.

It's this one https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,6786.0.html

I've been using it but yesterday I changed to the new modesmixer2_windows_20170506.zip

I don't know if both versions will be merged in the future, but the version with a configuration file has some very interesting features.