Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:50:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Feature Suggestions for ModeSMixer2 and ModeSDeco2

Started by sergsero, November 26, 2015, 02:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK2wx

Quote from: sergsero on November 26, 2015, 02:17:09 AM
Hello,

I try to read feedback for all the messages in this section of the forum. However, I don't always manage to find suggestions by development of programs amid other discussed problems or errors.

It's very valuable information for me.

So I decided to create this thread specifically to accommodate user suggestions for development and adding new features. Of course, if future development of the software will be interesting to users.

I will be grateful if we manage to systematize here main feature suggestions for modesmixer2/modesdeco2.

It is possible that they were already made earlier, and it would be great to duplicate them here.

Best regards,
sergsero

First of all, thank you so much for the work you have done, ModeSMixer2 is really rather beautiful. I've not tried Deco yet, but it's on my list of things to do next!

At the moment I am not sure what the exact intention is where the Home key is concerned. Also the End key for that matter.

When I press home it scrolls the page to the right, which is away from the receiver location, and that is the opposite of what I would find useful. The End key almost seems to do what I would like from the Home key.

I really like that these keys are being used though! Most software ignores them, sadly.

Long term I'd be interested to see what you might do with the Raspberry Pi version with a config file. In my view that's the future. It must have Ram disk for anything that needs frequent data writing (which stops it killing SD cards) I'd like to see card image similar to PiAware, but which also learns to remount a dedicated USB data drive (say a 16Gb Kingston for example) and on there we could keep images for operator flags, silhouettes and basestation.sqb)

All of that should lead to a very robust PiAircraftLogger given the lessons which my experiences have taught me so far.

Thank you once again!  ;D
Cheers,
Ian

evangel

Hi Sergsero

following is a list of things would like to see....if /when etc  ;)

- config/parameter file for both deco and mixer
- choice of map
- choice of aircraft symbol (I like the plain rectangle - old school you see...)
- choice to use speed/heading vector (as in globe-s)
- choice of number, distance, on/off for range circles.
- choice to save flight log as .txt or .csv or .log as in PlanePlotter (to include mlat indicator
   too if aircraft tracked was mlat).
- a way to save the nice polar plot as in VRS (kind of annoying in every restart stats and
  polar plot gone)

will revert if I think of more

thanks

krolykke

Hi!

I host a FR24 receiver and use ModeSMixer2 to visualize data I am picking up for them.

Thanks for a VERY nice program, I used to script it with different network tools, this has made it SO much easier.

I would like to see "vrs" (used @ adsbexchange.com) added as a format type, see https://www.adsbexchange.com/data/

All the best to you ..

Conexia

Hi, sergsero
As the actual flights list hides much of the map, I suggest to make the columns smaller, similar to the image attached

Thanks for a very useful software.

Antonio

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Triple7

Agreed.

Or maybe make the columns that are displayed selectable, so only the ones required are displayed?

Thanks,

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

jvhutchisonjr

Feature Request

A local MLAT group that I am in has created a spreadsheet to calculate expected message rates and efficiencies of our setups. The only two entries I am interested in seeing implemented in any ADS-B performance readout are A/C in view and message rate. I had proposed to FlightAware devs a couple years ago to implement it on users' status page, and they requested that I poll the community for interest. We figured if Message Rate divided by AC in View could give us an efficiency rating (even if it is an arbitrary number), it would help compare performance between stations, e.g., station close to an airport with poor performance would have a lower rating than another station, regardless of it's location that has a higher rating.

I see on my FA status page multiple stations that are very near an airport that have higher A/C in view but significantly lower message rates than my station.

It would also give me a baseline to go by when I make changes to my setup while trying to squeeze out more performance.