Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Christmas comes early!!

Started by MarkInHants, November 28, 2015, 01:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInHants

Hello all,
Apologies if this subject is in the depths of the forum.
Not only have I have convinced the wife for permission to buy a new 1090 puck....she's agreed to buy it for me for christmas!!
Question....Will the 1090 puck software run on windows XP?.
Until my budget allows for a decent laptop or PC I would like to run the SBS on my old laptop. Also is the new SBS software quite harsh on RAM or laptop speed?
Many thanks in advance
Mark
(back to pampering the wife before she changes her mind)

Anmer

Yes, BaseStation will run OK on XP.

And not resource hungry.  It's 10 years old  ;) ;)
Here to Help.

MarkInHants

Thank you Anmer. I wasn't sure if the software had been
updated dramatically since its first release.

Anmer

There have been some updates but it will be OK on XP.
Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: MarkInHants on November 28, 2015, 01:32:31 PM
Hello all,
Apologies if this subject is in the depths of the forum.
Not only have I have convinced the wife for permission to buy a new 1090 puck....she's agreed to buy it for me for christmas!!
Question....Will the 1090 puck software run on windows XP?.
Until my budget allows for a decent laptop or PC I would like to run the SBS on my old laptop. Also is the new SBS software quite harsh on RAM or laptop speed?
Many thanks in advance
Mark
(back to pampering the wife before she changes her mind)

Actually, its not too early for Christmas - end September.

In the Philippines, they START to celebrate Christmas on all months that ends with a " ber " - September, October, November & December ! LOL

I am sure all our members from the Philippines will agree with me - " More Fun in the Philippines ".

To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

MarkInHants

That is indeed correct about the 'ber months being 'christmas months' Birdie. My wife is from the Philippines. Christmas is celebrated more and better there than here in the UK. Wow, i recall my endless hours with my trusty SBS at an apartment near to Manila. Also good for overflights due to light pollution. We're going back to the Philippines late next year, so my SBS will be my priority luggage  ;D