Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:16:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Has the RadarBox Receiver Bitten the Dust?

Started by Anmer, December 02, 2015, 08:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Has Brandao admitted defeat?

Or does he desperately need flight data to underpin his commercial ventures, such as RadarBox24?

Once upon a time he was claiming even Kinetic's receivers couldn't deliver him quality data.  Now anything goes.

Hi

We are preparing the release of V6.00 of the RadarBox Windows software.
It will be open to anyone with a valid RadarBox24 username/password and will enable the connection of RTL-SDR dongles.

If you have a RTL-SDR dongle and want to be a beta tester please send us an email to support@airnavsystems.com

All the best!

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8474.msg116820#msg116820
Here to Help.

IanH

I thought that just after the release of RadarBox24 there was a call for data from other receivers?

I never replied  ;D

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on December 02, 2015, 12:11:32 PM
I thought that just after the release of RadarBox24 there was a call for data from other receivers?

Yes there was.  But I suspect there weren't too many volunteers.

To be fair, if AirNav is offering its RadarBox desktop software free of charge, including aircraft and route updates in exchange for data, it could be a good deal.  And maybe it'll include shared data and MLAT?

Be interesting to see what develops.  Brandao isn't renowned for giving too much away.
Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on December 02, 2015, 08:10:56 AM
Has Brandao admitted defeat?

Or does he desperately need flight data to underpin his commercial ventures, such as RadarBox24?

Once upon a time he was claiming even Kinetic's receivers couldn't deliver him quality data.  Now anything goes.

Hi

We are preparing the release of V6.00 of the RadarBox Windows software.
It will be open to anyone with a valid RadarBox24 username/password and will enable the connection of RTL-SDR dongles.

If you have a RTL-SDR dongle and want to be a beta tester please send us an email to support@airnavsystems.com

All the best!

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8474.msg116820#msg116820

My RadarBox is still inside my cat's litter bin - waiting for them to pooh & pee into.

But, as said earlier, my cats got class and refused to pooh & Pee on it.

( By the way - on 5 Nov 2015 - one of my cats, 7 years old " Blackie ' died of heart attack - he was 26 inches long, weigh 12 kg - he was cremated the next day. So sad - every morning at 09.30 hrs Blackie will knock at my room door to wake me up - so he can be fed - then he will sit beside me and wanted to be pampered. Now, I missed the 09.30 hrs " Morning Calls ")
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

birdie

If you buying an Apps to see planes in your Mobile phone - will you buy this ?

- esp after The Chief Thief pi$$ed off his customers who PAID for the RadarBox.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

birdie

... or you will buy this ?

Anmer

Tarbat deserves better after all he's done to promote the RadarBox for AirNav:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8474.msg116897#msg116897

Here to Help.

Anmer

From what little information is available, it appears that RadarBox V6 has the same functionality as V5.00.072 but will work with DVB-T receiver.  Though Tarbat seems to be having a problem getting it to work.

Assuming this gets resolved, I'm trying to understand how the new version will be distributed and operated?

• Free of charge?  May upset those who bought a RadarBox?
  • A one-off fee?  Who would pay, how will it be policed and will existing RadarBox customers get it free?
  • I assume the upload of data will be mandatory?
  • Will network fees still apply?
  • Will networked and local traffic include MLAT be available and unblocked for all?
  • Is AirNav tuning the DVB-T to local ATC and collecting audio too?

If, as reported elsewhere, V6 has no new user functionality, the key objective must be to increase the global coverage of RadarBox24 and develop other commercial opportunities for AirNav.

But AirNav is so far behind the competition, especially FR24 and FlightAware, both of whom distribute free receivers and data sharing utilities as well as rewarding data sharers with free Premium and Enterprise accounts.

But let's not forget, for the price of a DVB-T receiver and raspberry Pi, one can feed the likes of FR24 and FlightAware, view local traffic (including unblocked MLAT with FlightAware) and get free access to global tracking that offers customisation, filters, aircraft data, photos and routing.  If V6 is to be charged, it would have to be less than GBP £40 to compete this the alternatives, with the network thrown in.  Somehow I can't see that happening.

It will be interesting to see how this evolves and whether, like ShipTrax and Micro RadarBox, V6 will be another failed venture?

Here to Help.

birdie

Don't ever trust a THIEF - you won't get anything " Free ".

I guess the majority of those who PAID for the RadarBox will power OFF their RadarBox or let it gather dust or let the cats Pooh & Pee on - rather than feed ( or let the data to be stolen ) - and then having to pay for the use of data.

Anmer

Proof, if any were needed, that AirNav is only interested in getting more coverage to power RadarBox24:

Customer post:

Thanks Alan, I understand that, I just wish we could have a couple of new features thrown in, to spice up the current software, maybe soon.

AirNav reply:

The purpose of the new RadarBox Windows software is to:
- Get data from the new RadarBox Micro RadarBox units.
- Work with the brand new RadarBox ComStation unit which is able of not only getting ADS-B data but also GPS/Audio.
- Enable login/use the software to RadarBox24.com users

It is also capable of working with general Dongles.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8474.msg117068#msg117068
Here to Help.