Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Puck Problems

Started by Nigel, March 01, 2016, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel

Sorry for another post about my Puck but the problems of it continually disconnecting are getting worse. Sometimes it only runs for 10 mins then disconnects, sometimes less than this. I have adjusted all the USB power settings, gone back to the old USB drivers, plugged the USB cable supplied direct into my PC, tried it through an enhanced USB extension cable etc and I get an improvement for a few days,  but the problems persist and over the last few days it has got a lot worse. I used to have a Radarbox and it worked fine for at least four years. I've only had the Puck 14 months and the problems started back in December.

Does anyone have any other bright ideas of things I might try?

Thank you   

mhm

Nigel

What pc is it running on.
What operating system
How much memory
Just a few details to assist with options
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Nigel

Hi

It's a HP Pavillion running Windows 7 64 bit, and with 4Gb RAM. The Puck was running fine for about 11 months but then started being erratic. It can run for days on end but more recently I'm lucky if I get 10-15 mins without it disconnecting. I've not really changed anything apart from the suggestions to previous posts on here. I've also stopped all Windows updates as I suspected something might have happened with them in the past.

Thanks

Nigel

Anmer

Why not call Chris Taylor at TMRF and ask for his thoughts?

It could be a dodgy Puck.
Here to Help.