Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:28:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

acarsdeco2 will not run

Started by Henk, March 13, 2016, 02:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk

Hello
I have a strange problem here.
I can run aisdeco2, no problem there.
But acarsdeco2 and adsbdeco2 will not run, I got the error 0x000007b.

Installed are C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015.

Does anyone now what is going wrong here?

Henk
www.sterrenwachtleeuwarden.nl

gcopter1

To avoid making a new thread, I'd like to add that, mine doesn't run at all.

I downloaded the latest version, clicked on the .exe file, a terminal (?) window pops up and briefly flashes some blazingly fast scrolling text and then closes.

Nothing else happens.

What else should I have done, to get the program to work?

acarslogger

Hi

acarsdeco2 is a command line program so the easiest way to execute it is to create a batch file. A sample batch file is included in the downloaded zip file; ad2.bat. Copy ad2.bat to startacarsdeco2.bat and then modify it (using Notepad) for you particular requirements.

For a basic setup my bat file contains

@echo off
cmd /c acarsdeco2.exe --gain 38.6 --freq-correction -1 --freq 131525000 --freq 131725000 --freq 131825000 --logfile C:\Users\<insert your directory structure>\logs
PAUSE
exit

You will require the --freq-correction value of your RTL, (mine is -1), and you'll need your local acars frequencies.
Double-click on the batch file should start acarsdeco2. A command window will display the incoming acars messages, and they will also be written to the log file.

Stuart

Anmer

Here to Help.

cptjoa

Hi folks,

just installed acarsdeco2 and have had the same problem like gcopter1. After following acarslogger tutorial it run perfectly! Thank you!!!