Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 02:14:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Not Connected

Started by gcopter1, March 24, 2016, 06:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcopter1

Right now I'm having trouble with my SBS-3. I have it connected to my PC ( a Mac via VMWare Fusion running Windows 7) by USB. At the bottom of the Base Station program, there's a tab that says "Not Connected" whereas before when it worked, it would say "Connected SBS-3".

The power and usb ok led's on the SBS-3 are lit and I've verified that it is also being seen by Windows.

What gives?

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

Did your SBS-3 and BaseStation work OK on the same desktop, the Mac?

Is the SBS-3 powered from the desktop via USB and are you using just the one USB connector?  The supplied USB cable has two connectors at one end to ensure adequate power to the SBS-3.
Here to Help.

gcopter1

Yes, it was working fine before. I have the supplied cable connected to a USB hub, the black cable powers the SBS-3 and I have another USB cable running from the hub to the Mac.

gcopter1

For now, I'm going to install Windows with boot camp. Sometimes I think, the Fusion software gets in the way. Will try this and re post later to see if it solves my problem.

gcopter1

So far, deleted the virtual machine in Mac and used boot camp to install Windows directly. Lots of headaches but managed to get it to work. However, my previous settings of base station have been lost. Need to work on that plus have to download all the updates for Windows. Did not saved the previous settings for base station from the old install in the virtual machine because they were taking up memory I needed to free to install  Windows. During the process, got a lot of errors such as the missing "ftd2xx.dll" missing file and base station install wizard not communicating with the SBS-3.

gcopter1

Well, still kept having problems with the "Not Connected" message. But, I seem to have come across the problem. I am using a USB hub to connect both the red and black USB ends, to power the SBS-3. I decided to instead, plug the black USB directly to a USB port in my Mac. Left the red one hanging as I believe this one is used for the SDR, which I no longer use as I now have a couple of scanners for that duty, and voila, instant connection to the SBS-3. 

Anmer

Thanks for the update and letting us know how it was resolved.

I've run an SBS-3 using both USB connectors before without any issues, even when not using the SDR.  Maybe the hub is affecting it?
Here to Help.

gcopter1

Yes, I've had that USB hub for a long while. Maybe along the way, Windows updates messed it up.