Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Kinetic's Trilby Hat

Started by Anmer, April 01, 2016, 08:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Should have gone to Specsavers!

Can see the battery now.  Top right, near the corner;)

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Bethsalem

Not on the Pi itself. On the HAT there is what looks like a holder for a button cell battery, implying that it has a built in clock for accurate time stamping for MLAT

Anmer

Quote from: Bethsalem on April 05, 2016, 04:04:34 PM
Not on the Pi itself. On the HAT there is what looks like a holder for a button cell battery, implying that it has a built in clock for accurate time stamping for MLAT

Yes, spotted it after I made the first reply.  See my later post.
Here to Help.

Bethsalem

Sorry, Mike, posted my reply before I realised there was a page 2 to the thread :-[

IanH

And if you look at the gallery in the drop down menu from Trilby HAT, the battery is visible in picture 6.

The gallery also shows a later version and now includes an FTDI chip.

Further to the count down timer, once I refreshed the page I got 11 days. Not much point counting down seconds if you get the initial time wrong by 8 days. So it's going to be released at 0100 on 17 April? Must wait up for that  ;)

Bethsalem

www.kinetic.co.uk/

There's now more info on the Trilby HAT on Kinetic's website

IanH

That's been there for several days - perhaps when the HAT was first noticed?

It tells me that I can try out my software or hardware skills, "to explore" - no mention of what it can do out of the box.

Hopefully that is still under wraps and they are not just waiting for 3rd parties to produce the useful bits for the rest of us.

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on April 05, 2016, 08:14:14 PM
Hopefully that is still under wraps and they are not just waiting for 3rd parties to produce the useful bits for the rest of us.

Kinetic has been quite innovative in the past so we may get a pleasant surprise.  Then again........
Here to Help.

Anmer

Kinetic has now published a reference guide to the Trilby Hat connectors.

For a description of each connector:

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/Trilby_connectors.php

Here to Help.

Anmer

I see the countdown clock has disappeared but there's no mention of Trilby Hat pricing or availability.  Nothing about it on the Kinetic forum either.

Bit like a North Korean missile launch  ;)
Here to Help.

IanH

Countdown clock was there yesterday with around 12 hours to go. So 0030 today was the launch. Like you suggest, self destructed?

Anmer

The clock was still there when I went to bed with just a couple of hours to go.

Bit of a damp squib.

But I saw some additional Gallery pics earlier in the week showing a box full of boxes.  Doesn't mean there's anything in em though.

Here to Help.

IanH

Doing a Google search to see if mentioned anywhere else and I found the Kinetic page mirrored at http://www.aviation-database.co.uk.  :-\

Anmer

Anyone heard the expression "I'll have to eat my hat"?  :)

Here to Help.

mt007

Hi guys,
Anyone can explain me what product is Trilby?
Is a complete adsb radar? Airband voice? What is his function?
I can't understand in kinetic website.

Thanks very much.
Regards,
Miguel Teixeira
Beast user, Ex: SBS1er and RB, PP sharer aH Live Traffic