Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Spring Raffle 2016

Started by Anmer, April 04, 2016, 09:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joolde

My reasons for sharing with FlightAware:

1. Getting MLAT data in return for my feeded data is just awesome. I love to see helicopters and small planes (and an occasional UAV) showing up on my VRS map now :)

2. Their huge database of past and scheduled flights is great. They have lots of things that are not available on other flight tracking websites.

3. Their software works great and is easy to use.

Possible improvement:
- improve graphical quality of the map

JmGarcia

1.- Like most of us, the MLAT capability and the study of frames ADS-B
2.- View air traffic for different places.
3.-It is interesting to see the number of aircraft flying
Mi abuelo deci­a: Los aviones vuelan porque Dios quiere y los helicopteros ni Dios sabe porque vuelan.
(SBS-1eR, Bullion2 y microADSB, desarrollos propios en xHarbour, xBase, FiveWin, Xailer y Borland)

Anmer

Hi Jim

Please check the entry requirements and update your post.

"Valid entries must include three reasons for sharing data with FlightAware and one suggestion to make it even better."
Here to Help.

spotter.ssol

1) Great website with lots of statistics and powerful search and history.
2) The FA's MLAT return feed: you share with FA, FA share with you.
3) Learning! Can't list how many areas of knowledge you can explore: aviation, electronics, networking, antennas & propagation...

Suggestion:
1) The aircraft icons on the radar screen could be more realistic.

Good luck to everyone! ;)
--

Barnsley Spotter

Three Reasons
1. Improving the Mlat network.
2. See traffic in other places, within a wide network.
3. The FA's return feed.
4. Learning and improving our hobby, look how much technology has aided us so far.

One thing to make it better, make things easier in install for people who do not do computer speak.

Sun Worshipper

Quote from: Sun Worshipper on April 12, 2016, 04:21:09 PM
QuoteMy three reasons for sharing data with FlightAware are:

1. MLAT capabilities expand usefulness of system.
2. Coverage for all areas in interest to me.
3. Easy to use and setup along with free account.
4. It's fun to tinker with hardware trying to get best coverage for my PiAware.

I make that 4 reasons not three!!  You yanks kill me. ;D

Anyway my three are:

1. MLAT capability
2. Sharing data only enhances everyone's enjoyment of this wonderful hobby (unless you've been duped by Brandao)
3. Another nail in Air Navs coffin which isn't a bad thing.

If I win with these three, the cry for a recount will be heard across Southern England. :P

Would the accidental burning down of the Air Nav building (wherever that can be proved to be) be considered an improvement too far? 

As you can probably tell, I'm not taking this at all seriously. 

flying_rog

Three reasons for sharing data:-
1) I feel that others can benefit from the data I collect - after all, I benefit from other people sharing their data. The Enterprise Account is a nice way of saying thank you to sharers.
2) I can get to see details of aircraft that interest me that otherwise I wouldn't know about as they are too far away to pick up
3) Lastly, it means I can track an aircraft on which my one of my family (or friends) are on and so I can set off to the airport to meet them - airlines and airports promise more than they deliver about just where their aircraft are. Departed means "left the gate - not taken off".

As to improvements - that's a bit hard...
I suggest making it a bit easier for seeing what's around a given place? Whilst it's a suggestion that seems to go against the ethos of flight aware (to me that means tracking a particular flight), I do like having a detailed map view underneath the aircraft as that tells me where they are. Being able to see other aircraft heading for the same destination also gives an idea of the likely delays on the approach.Also it's nice to have the system remember where I last was viewing.

jmaurin

Reasons for sharing data with Flightaware:
1) Help to increase coverage over my country/location
2) Those data, I think, is very usefull for future investigation of flight accidents and review of some flight paths/history. So I think those data ate FlightAware could really help in flight's accidents investigations.
3) It's very cool to capture airplanes positions at home with very cheap electronics and almost nothing professional equipaments.

My sugestion:
1) Make a better MAP with more information about airplanes and other informations at realtime.

KLIA

Aware in 2012 from Radarspotting of website Flightaware:
with its screenful of data to stare,