Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:03:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Dump1090 Mutability and BaseStation

Started by Oldfella, July 19, 2016, 06:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfella

Looking for assistance to setup Dump1090 Mutability V1.15 on a Raspberry so that it can feed BaseStation and PlanePlotter on a home network. Been successful with PlanePlotter but unable to connect BaseStation. Has any other member been successful?

Currently reconfigured Mutability for the default sbs port 30003 but will not connect.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

TIA,

Oldfella
Oldfella

Anmer

For BaseStation I think you will need to use ModeSMixer.

Not that I've tried it myself.
Here to Help.

Triple7

Anmer is correct you will need to install ModeSMixer2 to pick up the feed from the dongle and transcode it into BaseStation format.

I tried something similar using a laptop and a dongle and posted a set of set-up instructions for feeding into BaseStation, I can't seem to locate the link atm but I'll keep searching and add to this thread.

EDIT: http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2978.msg24197.html#msg24197 gives some notes on settings for using ModeSDeco2 and taking the feed into BaseStation via ModeSMixer2. Using Dump1090 Mutability in place of Deco2 should also work - you just need the ModeSMixer2 part of my notes.

MM2 can be found here: http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2978.msg15240.html#msg15240

Instructions (but will need a bit of amendment) here: http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,5175.msg26404.html#msg26404

and some further info here: http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,3938.msg18434.html#msg18434

for the --inconnect command I use the specific IP address of the RPi and I use

--outServer sbs10001:10001 --outServer sbs30006:30006

Tim

SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Oldfella

Thanks Anmer and Tim for the links.

Will have a play around with ModeSMixer2 over the week and see what develops.

I'm able to feed PlanePlotter using Dump1090 Mutability and somehow gained the impression that it could also feed BaseStation.

Cheers,

Oldfella
Oldfella

Anmer

Quote from: Oldfella on July 19, 2016, 11:29:50 PM
I'm able to feed PlanePlotter using Dump1090 Mutability and somehow gained the impression that it could also feed BaseStation.

I think the data format needs manipulation before it can be used by BaseStation.
Here to Help.

IanH

I've just tried Tim's instructions and they worked.

On the Windows PC, create a batch file containing these instructions:

@echo off
cmd /c  <<path to modesmixer2.exe>> --inConnect <<Rpi IP address>>:30005 --outServer sbs30006:30006 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --location xx.xx:-y.yy
PAUSE
exit

Substitute the location of modesmixer2.exe (for example mine is c:\radar\modesmixer2.exe)
and the Pi's IP address.

You should get data out on port 30005 which is then converted to SBS10001 and SBS3006 formats.

SBS30006 is for PlanePlotter using DirectIP and SBS10001 is for BaseStation.

In Basestation, under Settings/Hardware Settings/Network, enter Address; 127.0.0.1 and Port: 10001

Edit: Looking back at the original post, port 30003 was never going to work as input to Basestation software. - that is what comes out of Basestation software! The software needs whatever the format is on port 10001 from the Basestation hardware and ModesMixer2 knows how provide that.

Oldfella

YOU LITTLE BLOODY BEAUTY!

(sorry for the shouting -I'm up on the rooftop with my ADS-B antenna)

Thank you both Ian and Tim. I have been playing around with this for a week now, trying all sorts of combinations and then with your inputs, it all fell into place.

A very happy little vegemite.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Anmer

Here to Help.

Oldfella

... and of course, you too Anmer, you are the brains behind the whole shooting match. Without you we wouldn't be here, we would still be trying to get answers over on the "K" site.
Oldfella