Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active Display Pro Routes

Started by terrywadeairbus, July 31, 2016, 08:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrywadeairbus

Could someone please tell me how I can get Routes showing on my Active Display Pro, they use to show, but for some reason no longer do? All that comes up when RL is selected is:

Route for xxxxx cannot be established

Thanks

Terry

terrywadeairbus

Further to my last message, does the reference sqb that AD read just contain the route information?

It looks like all my routes have disappeared for some reason? If the above is correct is it possible to obtain an up to date reference sqb?

Thanks

Terry

Anmer

Has your reference.sqb disappeared or is it empty?
Here to Help.

terrywadeairbus

Hi Anmer

Thanks for the reply.

No it's still in the Basestation folder and showing a size of 6,001kb.

Terry

Anmer

AD Help file:

Airlines, Airports, Aircraft, Type   Classes  and Routes

AD holds a certain amount of Reference data in database tables. This is used as an aid to deriving some of the Active Display information.

Some, like the Routes information is built up by AD and some is static. However, all this data can be manipulated manually by the user.

The editing functions are found under the [Reference] or [Routes] drop-down menu. They all work in a similar way, providing Read, Update and Delete operations.

If a field has a small [Search] icon next to it, it means that if you enter data in this field and click the [Get] button, the database information will be displayed. You may edit this and click [Save] to change it. Alternatively, you can enter a completely new record. All fields are updateable.

http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/Active%20Display%20Overview_3.3.pdf
Here to Help.

terrywadeairbus

Thanks for that, but if some route information is static why would I not be receiving any route
information at all?

So really the only way of solving the problem is to manually write every route in?

Thanks

Anmer

If your Reference.sqb is populated with routes and is in the correct folder location, why isn't AD displaying the routes?

When did they stop displaying and can you recall if there were any other changes at that time?

I'm sorry Terry, I don't have an AD licence so I'm flying blind.
Here to Help.

terrywadeairbus

Thanks for looking into this for me.

I've made no changes to my BS or AD , the routes part of AD stopped working last week, up to then
everything was OK.

Terry

jakems

Hi

There was a discussion on this subject late last year on the Kinetic Forum. The routes have a currency value in days, see Active Display Option/Data/Route Currency. After this number of days the refernce db is updated from the GAS server, if it is not known then the entry from the reference db should be purged. The route information was updated from an unknown source. Since Gary passed away this has not been done so now there are no up to date routes for AD to populate. I have been trying to keep my route information up to date but it is a never ending task.
Steve

terrywadeairbus

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply.

I've just checked the Data Route Currency and mine was set at 365 days and had a date in 2015, I've reset it to 30 days it now shows July 2016, but still all I get is:

Route for xxxxx cannot be established

Is there anyway I'm going to get routes showing again do you think, or is it a question of inputting them
manually, this will take forever!

Thanks

Terry

How 225

Terry,
Have a look at the post from paulm about 15 posts down titled "AD Routes not showing in Basestation". This fix worked for me and routes already in the AD reference sqb reappeared. Hope this helps.
Regards
How 225

Anmer

Quote from: How 225 on August 02, 2016, 12:49:20 PM
Have a look at the post from paulm about 15 posts down titled "AD Routes not showing in Basestation".

I think this is it?:

I have a large number of manually entered local routes in my reference.sqb, fewer and fewer have been showing up in Basestation.
I have tried doing the following,
Copy and save the reference.sqb file
Run AD - Routes - Export routes save to a location and a name you will remember
Run notepad open your exported route file, you will see all the data in csv format,
Try edit - Replace -Find What 2014 (or 2013) - Replace with 2015
All the 2014 dates have now changed to 2015 without disturbing anything else.
Run AD - Routes - Empty routes - Append Routes with your modified csv file.
and hopefully AD will use your routes again, has theyre now mostly less than 12 months old.
I have not tried changing the complete date only the year, If anyone wants to try changing the complete date please let me know if it works.
If this doesn't work for you then revert to your saved reference.sqb

I have now found that the date in the appended datebase have been set to the date the file was appended, so no need to change dates or anything. Just export the route file, empty the routes and append the exported csv file and you have a brand new database with the current date.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS BACK FILES UP BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING.

Paul

http://kinetic.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16576&p=140160&hilit=aD+ROUTES&sid=0fdcef19caa85da0dfeefa8e078b88cb#p140160
Here to Help.

terrywadeairbus

Thanks for all the help I've tried the suggestion but when I go to export the routes file it appears empty?

Terry

jakems

Hi

Exporting the routes and changing the year is one way of doing it, I believe changing Active Display Option/Data/Route Currency to 9999 days will mean that any route in your reference db will be shown as the create date will never be more than 9999 days ago. The big draw back of this is that you are assuming that routes populated 1, 2 or 3 .. years ago are the same today. This may be the case for BAW 3 digit routes which tend to stay the same, but you will find that the US airlines regularly change their routes. The routes that are generated by I think ATC, the ones that have the 3 letter airline code followed by 2 numbers and 1 or 2 letters tend to change every year when the clocks change and hence the airline timetables change.

The message "Route for xxxxx cannot be established" is generated when ADP decides the route in your reference db has expired and queries the GAS db and cannot find the route there. You will find this happens for every query these days. I don't believe GAS has provided any routes in over a year. I have my currency set to 365 days and my routes db still has routes over two years old in it. I am not sure why your routes which will now all be more that 365 days old have been purged and mine that are over 365 have not.

As I said I have been inputing routes and have about 17,000 that are less than a year old. I am 30 NM west of you so a lot of these would be good for you. If you send me a PM I can send you the export of my routes if that helps or my reference db which has updated airline codes and type filters in it as well.
Steve

terrywadeairbus

Hi Steve

Many thanks for the message and help.

I've sent you a PM.

Terry