Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:57:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Traffic Plotting Software

Started by mezoo, December 27, 2012, 05:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mezoo

I am looking for a software which plots the flight route of each plane.
It should then be able to show (e.g. by a colour plot) how many planes were in each sector during the observation time.

Its not the range I am interested in (SBSPlotter can do that), but how many planes were in each area i.e. the 'traffic density'.

Is something like that available ?
Alternatively is there a simple way to collect the live data in a form which can be analysed by a spreadsheet progremme.
As far as I understand the basestation.sqb only contains the first and last position.

(I know that PP can make cumulative plots but that is not what I am looking for)

mezoo

Quote from: mezoo on December 27, 2012, 05:27:08 PM
I am looking for a software which plots the flight route of each plane.
It should then be able to show (e.g. by a colour plot) how many planes were in each sector during the observation time.

Looking around at SBS Resources I came across an Excel spreadsheet called 'Overflight Logger'by DrAlan.
THis could be useful for my idea.

Unfortunately the links do not work anymore.
Does anybody know if this software is still availeble ?

Anmer

One of the few "add-ons" that I never used.  Sorry.
Here to Help.

Triple7

Overflight Logger is listed on Bones' site:

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/SBS/Utilities/Kinetic_Utilities5_Utils.htm

But the link doesn't work as you say. I wonder if Bones might have a copy - it appears to be an Excel spreadsheet with some VBA added; http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4386

I don't have any contact details for Bones, but others here will have. Maybe member Roadrunner has a copy as he posted on the above forum

Probably not much help.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Anmer

Bones posted last year on the Kinetic forum that he doesn't have a copy.
Here to Help.

Triple7

Thanks to Mark at dbPop - www.dbpop.co.uk I asked him and he has kindly sent me a copy of the Excel file and the other additional file.  8)

meezoo, please send me a PM with an emial address that accepts attachments and I will send it to you.

Tim

kboczek

old topic but its all i can find...  can anyone get me a copy?   Overflight Logger

Roadrunner

Hi there,

Noticed this thread. I am sorry to say I no longer have or use this add-on.

Best Regards Mike

Triple7

Quote from: kboczek on December 05, 2016, 03:02:09 PM
old topic but its all i can find...  can anyone get me a copy?   Overflight Logger

If you send me a PM with an email address that accepts attachments, I'll send you this and SBS Plotter.

Tim

Anmer

Thanks Tim.

I was travelling up to London by train this afternoon so couldn't offer any help.  And I'm away for the next week without access to my desktop and downloads and apps.
Here to Help.

Triple7

Nothing received from member kboczek so I am unable to send the information you require.

Tim