Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Forum Login

Started by Anmer, November 17, 2016, 09:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

It's been reported that some members are experiencing a problem with the forum login.

We know it's intermittent and isn't a universal issue.  For example, some members can't login with one browser but can with another.  Or can't login using any browser on one PC but can using the same browsers on a different PC.  I too have experienced this issue.

Everything points to a change in security settings at the hosting company and a Google search suggests this is correct.

When I last experienced this I called the hosting company who confirmed there was a server issue on and I haven't seen a recurrence.

Typically the message shows:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

The hosting company has asked for some help in tracking this issue and would like examples of when it occurs:

• Precise time - UTC
  • The public IP address of the accessing member

If you experience this, please could you email me with the above two bits of information - info@radarspotting.com

Thanks.
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Mike-
1)How do I get the IP address you mention?
2)I am currently able to login via IE9 on my desktops.
Regards-
G.B.

Anmer

Quote from: Graham Bell on November 17, 2016, 10:21:39 AM
Mike-
1)How do I get the IP address you mention?

Type "Whats my IP" in Google should show it.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Update 13:30 UTC 17th November 2016.

This is a reply from the hosting company:

Our engineers have inspected the error log for your site and have made some changes to the mod_security rule-set on the server to resolve the errors that we suspect have been responsible for the 403 forbidden responses encountered when using your site.

If anyone experiences a login issue after that trime, please let me know.  Please make sure you let me know your public IP address as well as the incident time.

Here to Help.