Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Blackbushe Airport 75th Anniversary Celebration 1st & 2nd July 17

Started by Smudger98, November 19, 2016, 08:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smudger98

Just a heads up, Soon to be announced will be the 2nd event at the bush - only this will be bigger and better than last year due the Anniversary year of the field with an airshow in the planning.And as last a fly-in is also on the cards for those who don't want to drive.. :D

They are also looking for volunteers for either or both days, I did volunteer last year and the day was excellent.If anyone wants to help the 2 charities "Help for Heroes" and Aerobility.. please let me know and ill pass on the relevant details.

Last years web site..   http://www.blackbusheairday.com/   and a few pics on here-  http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,6250.0.html

Smudger.
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Smudger98

Blackbushe are now actively  looking volunteers for the 75 anniversary event, if anyone fancies helping for 1 day,2 days or even all 3 days including set up Friday ?? Any questions or queries please ask and I will try to get the answer..  Oh party on Saturday evening for the helpers.. :)

blackbusheairport.proboards.com/thread/378/volunteer-enlisting?page=1&scrollTo=6472

See you there..!!

Smudger.

Smudger98

The 75th anniversary for Blackbush grows nearer...
the web site is now up and running---   http://www.blackbushe75.com/
and the guys running the event are still looking for more volunteers - save yourself £20 and get in for free and spend a worth while day in the sun..  8)

Im on the list for Saturday..

Latest news as below..

Evening All....

After a long and often frustrating winter, not helped by the myriad restrictions we must endure  following reaction to the Shoreham accident, things are progressing well toward the Blackbushe 75th "Festival of Flight" in July.

The door is still open for volunteers!! Be very different to the life our Air Day volunteers braved, especially the boys in the car park.  We have contracted parking, security and ticket sales and there should be boots on the ground from the military to keep things in check! Volunteers' duties will be varied and managed differently to last year

I'm soon be passing volunteer details over to the relevant departments looking - the call to action will come after that.   I'm hopeful that the forum will still yield some more names, but all who have thus volunteered will be getting their 'call up' papers in due course.

Duties will be varied, carefully allocated and rostered so you won't be bogged down in one place or all day. You may well be assisting the military, scanning tickets, crowd control..numerous opportunities. You will be fed and watered and on Saturday be our guests at the "do" for yourselves and visiting air crews. Most likely a hog roast and maybe something happening in the air too. .. Should be lots of fun and make volunteering something you'll be glad you did!!

The website is now upgraded www.blackbushe75.com, and our Facebook and Twitter pages are live too..All we be updated on a regular basis!

Drop me a line if you'd like to volunteer and have not yet submitted your name.

Many thanks guys

Peter B

Smudger98

Morning all..

Last call for volunteers for the airshow on the 1st & 2nd of July..

a briefing meeting for the 27th June on the patio of the The Bushe Cafe at 7:30pm - even last minute people will be excepted on the evening..  for those who want to be put in to the pot.. there will be 1 family ticket for each person !!  plus a party on Saturday evening for those who go.. bar staff are premium demand..

Thanks,
Smudger..