Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Christmas Raffle 2016

Started by Anmer, December 15, 2016, 08:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

The Radarspotting Christmas Raffle 2016

I have two FlightAware Pro Stick Plus receivers as prizes. One to each of two winners.

The Pro Stick Plus was released a few weeks ago and should be "globally" available on Amazon by the end of December.

Based on the highly successful Pro Stick, the Plus version adds an in-built filter, removing the need to buy an external one.  Not everyone will need a filter which screens RF interference.

Feedback for both Pro Sticks has been phenomenal and many regard them as the best DVB-T SDR "dongles" for Mode-S message reception.  FlightAware sells the Pro Sticks at cost making them extremely good value compared to alternative products.

https://flightaware.com/adsb/prostick/

The raffle is free to enter for all forum members who joined before this announcement.

To enter, send me a Personal Message with answers to the following 6 questions.  Do not enter by replying to this message.

The Raffle closes at 12:00 am UTC on 24th December 2016.  Winning entries will drawn from a "hat" and winners announced here as soon as possible after the raffle closes and my decision will be final.

Questions

1. In what year was FlightAware founded?

2. FlightAware has a free data upload utility that runs on a Raspberry Pi.  What's it called?

3. What's the name of FlightAware's free Mode-S receiver?

4. If you have a Windows PC, what software can you use to upload your data to FlightAware?

5. Does FlightAware block any of your MLAT traffic?  Yes or No?

6. FlightAware offers all data sharers a free Premium account worth $89.95 a month.  What's the name of the type/service/level?

Good Luck.

Please Note

Incorrect or missing answers will invalidate the entry.  Entries from forum members who joined after this announcement will also be invalid.
Here to Help.

Anmer

The Raffle is closed and we have two winners.

The correct answers were as follows:

1. In what year was FlightAware founded? 2005

2. FlightAware has a free data upload utility that runs on a Raspberry Pi.  What's it called? PiAware

3. What's the name of FlightAware's free Mode-S receiver? FlightFeeder

4. If you have a Windows PC, what software can you use to upload your data to FlightAware? PlanePlotter

5. Does FlightAware block any of your MLAT traffic?  Yes or No?  No

6. FlightAware offers all data sharers a free Premium account worth $89.95 a month.  What's the name of the type/service/level?  Enterprise

The following winners were drawn today:

spotter.ssol

Joolde

Would both winners please send me a PM with their postal address.  I will post the FlightAware Pro Stick Plus as soon as I can.

And thanks to FlightAware for sponsoring the prizes and everyone who entered.
Here to Help.