Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:59:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation.sqb file issue

Started by Anmer, January 03, 2019, 10:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

One of our members has a problem that I haven't seen before and can't resolve.  Let me explain.

He's running BaseStation and all is OK.  Reporter opens fine and records can be edited.

In anticipation of getting a new PC, he wants to copy all the BaseStation folders and files to a USB stick and install on the new PC.

As a practice run he tried this.  Everything copies except the BaseStation.sqb file.  The Paste gives an error message:

0x8007045D: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

I have tried copying the sqb file to a new folder location and get the same error.  The file and hard drive have been checked for errors and none reported.  The sqb file is relatively small and isn't protected in any way.  It just can't be copied to a different location.

Has anyone come across this before and found a solution? 
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi. I have not seen the problem but suspect that some application has the sqb file open. Try booting in safe mode and see if you can copy then.
Steve

Anmer

Thanks Steve.  I couldn't see anything else using the sqb file.  I'd even renamed the file so nothing could use it.  But still it wouldn't copy.

I'll try the Safe Mode suggestion.
Here to Help.