Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:52:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

FR24 Feed Software

Started by Saudistu, March 04, 2017, 11:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saudistu

Well, I am at a loss as to the problems I am having between FR24Feed.exe and Basestation. At the moment I am just running Basestation to feed Planeplotter. I noticed that FR24Feed can open several other Ports like 20072, 30003, 30006 and 30334 during initial set up. I don't really need Basestation running other than to feed Planeplotter, but, having an SBS-3 I was thinking about other options. First option would be to connect the SBS-3 direct to Planeplotter. I can do this, but I cannot work out how to set up an accepted output for FR24Feed.exe to use whilst still offering GS/MU output to Planeplotter (note, I want FR24 Premium access, so the normal Planeplotter sharing to them is not an option). Can Planeplotter be set up to open SBS-3 ports for use by FR24Feed.exe ?

Next option I tried was setting up FR24Feed.exe to connect direct to the SBS-3 and along the way selecting "yes" to the various "Raw" and "Port" output offerings. I tried everything I could think of in Planeplotter to connect to these outputs, but none of them are giving me my Local Aircraft, and none will output RAW to the PP Server.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I/O settings etc are needed to achieve what should be a simple task to run to pieces of software side by side from one SBS-3 unit over the network ? I have spent around 20 hours this week trying the different options to no avail.

Thanks......Stu

Triple7

Hi Stu,

I don't have an SBS-3, I have an SBS-1eR. I am feeding to FR24 via their old app not the new one as that seemed to cause me problems. I am also running PP alongside BS. What I do also have in the mix (pun intended) is ModeSMixer2 - see here:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2978.msg13471.html#msg13471

That picks up the feed from BS and in my case allows me to use BS on another PC on my LAN and see the same feed. It might be that you could use that and then take the output from MM2 and feed the FR24 feeder from there.

You'll need to read the posts on the above link but in essence you need to set up a .bat file with a command line similar to this:

@echo off
cmd /c E:\ModeSMixer\modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.1.170:10001 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --outServer sbs30006:30006 --filter-nocountry --db E:\BaseStation\basestation.sqb --silhouettes E:\BaseStation\OperatorFlags --frdb "E:\PlanePlotter\log files\flightroute.sqb" --location xx.xx:-yy.yy --web 8080
PAUSE
exit

Obviously amended to suit your particular installation.

My PP setup has the following under Options>>Mode-S receiver>>Kinetic SBS Family>>SBS-1 BS IP address = 127.0.0.1:30006

In I/o I have SBS1/3 Direct TCP selected.

It doesn't answer your specific question I realise, might it might give you a work around to maintain your local plots on PP and also your Premium account with FR24 - it works for me  :)

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Saudistu

Thanks Tim. I will take a look. I am searching in vain for the old feed software that I used before my HDD failed. I had no problems at all with that. Do you have a link to it as the website only shows the latest version and no previous versions ? The new version seems to overload Basestation to the point that eventually it has used all the Computers RAM and just crashes. It is certainly the FR24 software causing this as everything runs normally as soon as I close it down.

Anmer

Quote from: Saudistu on March 04, 2017, 01:43:55 PM
Thanks Tim. I will take a look. I am searching in vain for the old feed software that I used before my HDD failed.

I may have a copy.  Do you know what it was named?
Here to Help.

Saudistu

Hi Mike,

I have no real idea except it was a version that was like the 1.2.3.2 that is mentioned in other threads, in other words it did not open like a cmd dos window. I would guess at something like FR24_win_1.2.3.2.zip or similar. Thanks anyway. I keep reading and trying to find a solution. Just tried pointing FR24 again at port 30003 but no joy. Planeplotter is getting the 30006 feed from Basestation, but 30003 should also be available according to the SBS manual.

Anmer

Was this it?

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

Triple7

Hi Stu
I have a copy of the old version - that's what I am using. I can send a copy if you pm me your email address.

My Broadband connection has just failed so I won't be able to send it until it's fixed.

Maybe Mike will be able to respond faster than I can

Thanks

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Saudistu

Hi Mike, that is the one I used that worked previously. A copy of that would be great. I will PM Tim as there is no rush to get it working. Thanks for all the help.

IanH

Intrigued by this!

Just tried running FR24feed.exe for the first time.

Not the most intuitive setup programme  which probably reflects the fact that these days most feeders are Raspberry PIs.

Anyway after running through the setup, it says run the programme again to proceed. Only to find I'm back in the setup process again  :-\.

Reading through the manual at https://feed.flightradar24.com/fr24feed-manual.pdf I figured out that the "data port" in the setup questions is 10001. This is what the SBS-3 usually sends to Basestation. It will not send to two different recipients.

However there is also an option to set "mpx" as "yes" in the setup file FR24Feed.ini which seems to start a RAW data feed. Also one of the setup questions is whether to allow "RAW" data feed on port 20072.

Eventually I got this set up with both "mpx=yes" and "RAW" data on port 20072.

What this means is that port 10001 data is sent to FR24 from the SBS-3. But the data is repeated on port 20072.

So I had to change the settings in Basestation under Hardware settings/Network from

<<IP address of SBS-3>> <<port 10001>>

to

<<IP address of PC running Basestation>> <<port 20072>>.

Then BS worked! I was getting its data on port 20072, PP received data from BS on port 30006 and FR got its data from the SBS-3.

Sounds simple but the tweaking of the FR24Feed.ini file and having to run "FR24Feed.exe --reconfigure" from the command line is a PIA.

If you need help, I can try to provide more detailed instructions. But perhaps it is clearer what the software is trying to do - FR24 has the option of feeding 30006 or 30003 back to you so using either of those to feed FR24 is going to loop back on itself/

Saudistu

Hi Ian. That is interesting. Could you,maybe do a copy/paste of you .ini file (blank your registration code) so I can compare it to mine ? I think you may have found the issue. I tried the setup with the FR24 software connecting first and tried to read port 20072 but in Basestation I tried only 127.0.0.1:20072 which did not work, and 192.168.2.20:20072 which is the IP of the SBS-3. I assumed that as Basestation is running on the same PC that local host would work.

Do you think Planeplotter could take the data from port 20072, and is this port simply a repeat of port 10001 without any loss of data, as in is it pure raw data from the SBS-3 as if I could get Planeplotter to take a through feed out of the FR24 software I wouldn't even need to start Basestation.

Anmer

Hi Stu

I've emailed you the old FR24 feed.  Le me know if it doesn't get to you.
Here to Help.

Saudistu

Hi Mike,

Nothing arrived that I can see. Did you send it as the .exe or as a .zip file ?

Maybe you can send it to this address.....

Mod Edit.  Address removed to avoid spam.

Cheers.....Stu

Anmer

It was sent as a "doc" attachment to your Radarspotting email address which "failed".

Resent to other address.
Here to Help.

Saudistu

Hi Mike,

Still nothing. I will send you a PM with some addresses you could try if you don't mind.

Regds.....Stu

Anmer

The second one bounced too.  Maybe it doesn't like the attachment even when renamed.

I'll try a Zip.
Here to Help.