Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:33:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ADSBox project

Started by atty, May 19, 2017, 08:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atty

ADSBox project moved to a new hosting at http://ucideas.org/projects/hard/adsb/index.html
Page in russian but Google translate module is available.
New version is out http://ucideas.org/projects/hard/adsb/adsbox-20170518.tar.gz
New features are
    - IPV6 support.
    - Window-like interface.
    - Using Google Map API for map is cancelled, migrate to Openlayers 3 API. More than 10 map tile servers are available now, set your map lightness and saturation for map tiles.
    - Using Cesium.js library instead of Google Earth API for 3D view.
    - User notes on aircraft.
    - Aircraft contacts database.
    - Built-in report engine. More reports will follow.
    - Navigation display.

/

ABSBox is my hobby project I develop since 2011. It is free and opensource ADS-B decoding software running on Linux embedded platforms (RPi, OpenWRT, Odroid etc.) and desktops. You can use various types of ADS-B receivers like serial-avr, tcp/udp-avr, tcp-beast, tcp-sbs3, SDR usb dongles. You can also share your data via tcp-MSG data or tcp-avr. ADSBox has built-in sql database for historical and operational data. There's a report system based on templates. Hope you'll like it  ;)

Anmer

Thank you for sharing.

On what OS platform is the software installed?
Here to Help.

atty

Run it on any UNIX/Linux platform both embedded and desktop. You just need gcc compiler to compile or cross-compile the source code.

IanH

Installed latest version (adsbox-20170705.tar.gz) on Linux Mint. Compiled source code, worked out some options and it displays on a web page at port 8080 (can be changed!!).
./adsbox --beast-server 192.168.0.68 --beast-server-port 30009 --lat 52.xxx --lon -0.xxx --name REC1

Pity it does not include the possibility of using a basestation.sqb file to translate the hex code to a registration. It does go and get photos of the correct aircraft.

I thought airports were not displayed - need to zoom in.

But I can't see the coverage area of the receiver.

Data collected in a sqlite database. Can run report on daily contacts or specific hex code.

Overall one to consider and also keep an eye on for future updates  ;D

Ian

atty

Hi, IanH,

thank you for your kind reply.
To show receiver area check "Show receivers" option on Setting panel. Your receiver position appears on map as blue triangle mark. Click on it to show the area. Click it again to hide.

IanH

Atty

I did have the receiver showing already but I did not know how to show coverage.

Your instructions work - clicking on receiver and I now see the coverage.

I also figured out what the colours for the aircraft mean: yellow =level, red=descending, blue=climbing.  :)

Thank you

Ian

atty

New version of ADSBox released. http://ucideas.org/projects/hard/adsb/adsbox-20180427.tar.gz

-sizable windows
-the latest OpenLayers API
-start a record new data file after time interval (--roll-interval command line option)
-KML files support on the map
-new TCP SBS-1 source support (MSG format)
-new aircraft and flight timeline report
-aircraft-receiver distance lines on map

Distance lines

KML files on map

New report. Aircraft timeline and a regular flight timeline

hjgode

Hello atty

thank you again for this great release.

The only minor item I complain is that it does not start the map with the location centered I have supplied via the --lat and --lon arguments.

Again, may many thanks

~Josef

ps: roman, possibly you remeber me for "Google Lib has been moved MarkerWithLabel" in 2016

hjgode

Hi

the latest adsbox with rtlsdr uses 130% of my dual core on Debian 8.

Switched back to previous version, my server has to do other things too.

:-(

Josef

atty

Hi, Josef,

ADSBox uses browser geolocation feature for centering map on startup (browser request appears on web page). But this feature is available now only via https on latest browsers. So you need center the map manually after startup since ADSBox not using https. Anyway, your next session with ADSBox starts with your latest map position and zoom (these values are restored from cookies).

--lat --lon options are using for positioning your receiver on map, not for centering map. You can attach more then one receiver and set their position with --lat --lon options separately like this

./adsbox --rtlsdr --lat 57.1 -- lon 38.3 --serial /dev/ttyS0 --lat 45.2 --lon 35.7

Try to play with ADSBox rtlsdr options when using sdr dongle (gain, agc). You may find the best options values with windows rtl1090 program with SISEX screen. The best is when you see flat field with strong ads-b strokes.

regards, Roman

TepMan

Hi there,

does anyone know if this project is still active? Just startet with playing around with a rtl-sdr blog v3 stick and this program. It seems to work better than dump1090 on my rpi (webview of dump1090 isn't useable).

But some things do not work properly: no aicraft pictures are shown, no flight plan data is loaded and the 3d view doesen't work at all. All project forks on github are also inactive for 5 years, so is there a chance to get help?

Thanks,
TepMan

hjgode

Altough there is no current change, I assume the pictures, flight data plan and 3d view use external addresses and you should check your internet connection or DNS for this external stuff. The pictures are loaded from flightware.