Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Is FlightRadar24 Cooking it's Goose?

Started by Anmer, May 20, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

I've met the FR24 owners, Milke and Olov, many times.  They're bright and friendly, as are all the people at FR24.  Mike and Olov have made a fortune off the backs of unpaid feeders and database editors.  I don't begrudge them success as they worked hard to create and launch a new product when Kinetic was claiming that sharing data was illegal and posed a security risk. 

But I do wonder if success is beginning to cloud Mike's judgement?  First there was his arbitrary introduction of a grey label background (which, eventually, he made optional) and now he's picked a fight with those who help maintain the aircraft database.  As anyone who maintains their own database knows, local intelligence is a much needed resource.

In my opinion Mike's "killing the geese who lay his golden eggs" and Fungus hit the nail on the head when he posted:

I can't for the life of me understand why Admin doesn't grab you blokes with both hands and utilise your expertise.

I've followed this FR24 forum thread with interest and think Mike could have handled it better and may regret it in the long term. 

As my old boss used to say "You can't win a fight with a customer".

I also hope Mike's recovering from his hospital visit.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/11056-NO-DATABASE-UPDATING-BEING-DONE?p=91732&viewfull=1#post91732
Here to Help.