Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 11:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

help with operator logos

Started by mickydt, May 17, 2017, 09:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickydt

i need some help with operator logos - how do you get them to show up? using sbs 3 with the software which came with it basestation

mike

Anmer

There's a free Guide yo using logos here:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item17

You may find some of the other guides helpful too.
Here to Help.

mickydt

i downloaded it the other day not sure about editing the ini.

for something expensive i would of thought they would of included set path to folders which would then load the appropriate logos and so on.

as they say persevere

Anmer

There's no need to edit the ini file.  The Guide explains that you can use the Aircraft List Configurator tool instead (Page 7).

The folder paths are set in the BaseStation software.  But it's useful to understand how logos are used.

Remember, an aircraft Mode-S message doesn't include type or ownership data.  This has to be added to the BaseStation database, including the Operator Flag Code.
Here to Help.

mickydt

i decided to try active display light and for some reason it became corrupted and also caused a problem with basestation so i unistalled everything and started from scratch including using the basestation file from the main website.

i then scouted around for an easier solution and came across virtual radar server software installed with no problems and connected to the sbs3 box.

this is the image i took showing fully working -

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]