Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Greetings

Started by MK2wx, July 29, 2017, 10:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK2wx

Hello folks,

I've been playing around with ADSB for a few years now. It's starting to be understandable. Living in the bottom of a bowl made from rock, my range is a bit limited, but it's all behaving solidly at last.

I run a home designed weather station, and I see planes as part of the weather; they are up there, normally way beyond my influence, they sometimes precipitate upon us.

Running PiAware on a Raspberry Pi2, FA orange dongle, FA filter, home made 8 leg spider antenna. Over all it's not bad, average range 100+ nautical miles, but some areas/spikes above 200nm. Range is just down to geography. Same rig cloned by a good mate sees Scotland from SW London, so we know it's pretty sound. At any rate we are both happy with it all.

The last week saw the discovery of ModeSMixer, and it was that which made me sign up to the forum as it all seems to be happening here. Am considering new SD card with ModeSDeco for trials.

Interesting times for this emerging hobby.  ;D
Cheers,
Ian

Anmer

Welcome Ian and thanks for the extensive introduction.
Here to Help.