Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Military silhouette and flag not showing VRS

Started by MarkB, October 03, 2017, 09:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkB

Hi all

I finally got a 24/7 ADS-B receiver set up using  Pi3 and piaware feeding flightaware

having installed VRS and running with a feed from my pi with MLAT enabled....so far working great. tracking everything airborne so far

I downloaded Chris Alders silhouette and side views for flags, and its working great putting a nice touch to the aircraft list in VRS

However i have noticed the military flights not showing silhouettes or flags, what im I missing?  Or do i need to give basestation.sqb time to fill?

as i am typing i am tracking a RAAF flight and the flag is showing but no silhouette.

Also some non commercial flights not showing a flag but showing a silhouette, all other flights are showing perfectly.

any help/tips would be appreciated

cheers Mark

Anmer

Welcome

Do you have the ICAO Type Code set for the aircraft record in the sqb file?  And a corresponding silhouette using the same type code bmp file name?

This Guide may help:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item17

Here to Help.

MarkB

Thanks for the link and info Anmer, I will look more into editing the SQB file.

Also some of the aircraft silhouettes and logos/flags are missing so that will explain it.

so need to search for these from the silhouette/logo contributors or make my own maybe.

Cheers
Mark