Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:51:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Comes with a Health Warning

Started by Anmer, November 06, 2017, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

After 12 years of "tussling" with him, I finally get to see Brandao "in the flesh".

The following video link comes with a couple of health warnings.

1. It's nearly 16 minutes long.

2. Brandao uses lots of debatable superlatives such as "first", "biggest", "only" and "worldwide".

3. Most of his claims can be disputed by FR24, PlaneFinder and FlightAware.  But, so what, it's never stopped him before.

4. Brandao isn't the most inspirational presenter.

However, it does include references to the new "X-Range" hardware and AirNav's subscription based business accounts.

The video is clearly a "selfie" with a final shot of Brandao switching off the camera.  Should have edited that out.  :)

https://www.radarbox24.com/blog/live-at-the-nbaa-2017
Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on November 06, 2017, 08:21:07 AM
After 12 years of "tussling" with him, I finally get to see Brandao "in the flesh".

The following video link comes with a couple of health warnings.

1. It's nearly 16 minutes long.

2. Brandao uses lots of debatable superlatives such as "first", "biggest", "only" and "worldwide".

3. Most of his claims can be disputed by FR24, PlaneFinder and FlightAware.  But, so what, it's never stopped him before.

4. Brandao isn't the most inspirational presenter.

However, it does include references to the new "X-Range" hardware and AirNav's subscription based business accounts.

The video is clearly a "selfie" with a final shot of Brandao switching off the camera.  Should have edited that out.  :)

https://www.radarbox24.com/blog/live-at-the-nbaa-2017

Hahahaha. I finally got to see how The Chief Thief looks like. He sounds full of bullshit - that tiny long plastic thing is a Satellite.

Maybe, I can also send my Cat's Litter Box with my RadarBox and Cat ***** up to space and called it a Satellite ?

( By the way, one of my cats died of heart attacks due to his greed - so now there is less ***** {not bulshits} puns intended ).

Mod edits

To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

Anmer

Quote from: birdie on March 02, 2018, 07:57:48 AM
that tiny long plastic thing is a Satellite.

It sure is, a nanosatellite.

I don't doubt AirNav will attempt to have some ADS-B capability in space.  All I question, backed up by his solid track record, is Brandao's claims of when it will happen.

He's already put it back 6 months.
Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on March 02, 2018, 08:12:03 AM
Quote from: birdie on March 02, 2018, 07:57:48 AM
that tiny long plastic thing is a Satellite.

It sure is, a nanosatellite.

I don't doubt AirNav will attempt to have some ADS-B capability in space.  All I question, backed up by his solid track record, is Brandao's claims of when it will happen.

He's already put it back 6 months.

WHO pays for the launch ? CON some innocent people to sponsor  him ?
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

Anmer

Knowing how Brandao likes to embellish claims for AirNav, I thought I'd check back on progress with his much heralded "Space-Based ADS-B".

In January 2018 he posted on the RadarBox Blog:

https://www.radarbox24.com/blog/space-based-ads-b

Q2 2018 - Test Satellites Active
Q4 2018 - Full Coverage between North 30 and South 30
Q1 2019 - Partial Polar Coverage
Q2 2019 - Full Worldwide Coverage (Space Based ADS-B)

10 months later:

Q1 2019 - First Satellites Active
Q2 2019 - Full Coverage between North 30 and South 30
Q3 2019 - Partial Polar Coverage
Q4 2019 - Full Worldwide Coverage (Space Based ADS-B)

The timetable has slipped a full 6 months already.

Maybe he should have opted for Space-X as a launch platform, as did a major competitor.  ;)

https://flightaware.com/news/article/GlobalBeacon-Goes-Live-Ahead-of-ICAO-Airline-Flight-Tracking-Recommendations/340

Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

Are people still buying this 'old technology'?

IanH

Some people will see this as a simple approach to radarspotting. No messing with RasPi, Flightaware, etc.

Display program included- plug and play. Not unreasonable for a simplistic answer. But then, why not use FR24?

Have to admit, away from home, no mobile data (not even possible), there are attractions to all-in-one approach.