Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:05:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active Display Lite and G Mail

Started by Shakey01, December 29, 2017, 04:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey01

Been using this excellent program for years to send out my logs but now I have switched to a GMail address it just hangs 'sending E Mail' and then fails. I have set up my GMail for 'less secure apps'. ISP SMTP Address set as smtp.gmail.com

Anyone out there have any idea what the problem might be?

Really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Shakey01

Anmer

I suspect Gmail security has moved ahead of AD Lite.

I don't use logs but was able to send one from my Radarspotting email account to Gmail but not the reverse.

When doing so, AD Lite displays and error message:

the smtp server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated

Googling this suggests the Gmail smtp configuration also needs some ports set.  Unfortunately AD Lite doesn't provide for that and, since it's no longer supported, I don't expect it to change.
Here to Help.

Shakey01

Thanks Anmer,

With some help from another source I managed to get this to work. If anyone else is interested, need to go to your G Mail account and allow less secure apps. Then use the smtp of your ISP supplier (not the smtp.gmail.com one) and leave the User Name and Password blank. Can't vouch that this might work for everyone but it did for me.

Thanks again.

Anmer

Thanks for the feedback.

Can I check if you're trying to send the log to a Gmail account or from one?
Here to Help.

Shakey01

Sorry for taking so long to reply Anmer, sending from a gmail account.