Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation SQB File with VRS and report writer plugin

Started by Paul1, January 18, 2018, 06:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul1

Hi Tim

I've managed to get base station up and running now, it was a faulty .dll file that was causing the problem currently working on it now so I can get things set up with a friend so hopefully everything should be up and running soon will let you know how it goes.

Regards
Paul

Paul1

Hi Tim

I posted this on another part of the forum:-

I got pointed to this post as I want to run BS with my DVB-TV Dongle and I'm stuck on a couple of things following the thread of changing the file saving and running it. I've got a couple of questions regarding this:-

1) once I've edited the file and ran it is the file supposed to run the text and then disappear it is it suppose to stay on and give Mode S messages before launching Base station.

2) would anyone be willing to help out tomorrow at some point possibly in the early evening 6/7 pm ( I can let whoever helps when I am free and sat at the computer)

Would there be anything that you could do to help as I'm now stuck on what to do I do have RTL1090 am I right in thinking that it needs to be ran at all.

Any help you could give I would be grateful 

Regards
Paul

Triple7

Hi Paul

Ref Q1. If you add the word "pause" no quotes as the last line of your batch file the box will stay on screen and you should see the ModeS messages. Then run MSM2 and finally BaseStation.

If you are running RTL1090 to decode the messages from the dongle, that should work but what I am not sure of, is what format the messages are in. You need to tell MSM2 what to expect --inconnect so it can transcode to the right output --outserver sbs1001:1001.

Alternatively, switch to ModeSDeco2 and as Sergsero said, that outputs in Beast format so you can simply add the correct lines in the code to run it so it outputs in sbs1001 format. The link to my earlier notes from 2015 should guide you a bit here.

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,2978.msg24218.html#msg24218

One thing I didn't realise when I wrote those was that you can do everything you need just using MD2 - no need for MSM2.

I hope I haven't confused you!

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Paul1

Hi Tim

No confusion at all, after crawling in to bed around midnight last night it suddenly came to me that I had Dump1090 running as well as trying to start the other deciding software up, one thing can't do two things at once can it. So this morning (Saturday) a friend who'd been helping me set up BS and getting up and running tried it for himself with no Dump1090 running and it worked so I cancelled the running of Dump1090 and it instantly worked.

Something that you might be able help with (this has already been posted on another part of the forum is how do I get operator flags showing without no gaps I have seen that TUI/Thomas Cook/Ryan air for example don't want to show flags even though they are in the directory that they should get in.

Regards
Paul

Triple7

Hi Paul,

Glad that you are making progress with this.

The operator flags are determined by the entry in the basestation.sqb file - in the 'OperatorFlagCode' field. If that is properly populated and you are still not seeing flags, then maybe the flag file (bmp file) is corrupt. There's a little utility called BMPCHK, you can download it from this forum here:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item95

If that doesn't find anything amiss then are you sure you have installed the BaseStation software and therefore the basestation.sqb file outside the virtual store. It's best for it to be in a dedicated folder somewhere off your main drive. Mine happens to be on my E:\ partition but you can equally us the C:\ drive. It means that there is only one copy of the basestation.sqb file, so you know which one to edit.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

puffin

A little late coming to this, but I was browsing and noticed that the Planebase BaseStation.sqb and AD (Active Display) were mentioned together earlier.  The Planebase sqb uses a field that AD uses for something else, and this causes AD to hang.    There is a fix, but it's complicated.  All explained over in the Kinetic Forum, Gatwick Aviation Society sub-section. http://kinetic.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16527&sid=cdd026b9718df15153c13510e9953a1a.

Puffin