Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:11:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

RE-Install Base Station SBS-1E

Started by John Roe, February 22, 2018, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Roe

Hello,

I have without success, tried to re install Base Station without install errors, I have no idea what is the problem, if any one can help me to get it up and working again, willing to pay some one $500 to get it alive again.

cheers john

Hi Folks,  just a bit late in thanking Anmer for sorting out my Base Station and any one else who contributed, still waiting to get antenea down with 55 foot Cherry Picker  this Saturday and look at the issue, and No, im not a newbie, had BS for 9 yrs, but lost ability to sort  my own issues due to health, just wish I had got the same support help, as I did  from this group, from Kinetic, who ignored my plight, .A big thankyou.  John Roe.

Anmer

Hi John

Happy to help for free.

Can we arrange a remote session to look at this together at a mutually convenient time?
Here to Help.

John Roe

Thankyou so much for your offer, can you contact me by email or mobile,  Mod Edit  in  Perth. WA.
The Computer for remote is located at this address Mod Edit  this email is not monitored., the 1st email is my personal unit. monitored..

cheers john

IanH

Anyone who offered to take your $500 is not a member of the "radar spotting community".

Anmer has offered to take a look for free - I am not surprised.

We aim to help each other using the knowledge we have acquired. No charge - just passing on what we have learnt on the journey. I had help when I was starting out and now try to help other newbies.

If Anmer was paid $500 for each assist, he could live somewhere other than Wales   ;)

Just joking of course  ;D

Graham Bell

Might just afford Nottingham perhaps!

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on February 23, 2018, 09:05:31 PM
If Anmer was paid $500 for each assist, he could live somewhere other than Wales   ;)

I was.  That's how I can afford to live in Wales, overlooking the sea and enjoying the wonderful scenery, food and culture.

Beats an old ciggie factory any day.  8)
Here to Help.

Anmer

Update.

Basically the external antenna wasn't delivering data and the fresh BaseStation install was failing.  Using the magmount and a copied ini file I was able to get John's BaseStation running error free, albeit with limited coverage.  Took a few hours to nail the issue.
Here to Help.

IanH

OFF TOPIC

QuoteMight just afford Nottingham perhaps!

No - very reasonable house prices here.  Back in the 90s, I had various offers of jobs down south. They couldn't understand why I ws not interested in the much higher salaries than I was earning. Once I pointed out that I had paid off the mortgage on my 4 bedroom house and to move south would mean taking out a mortgage again did they realise that I wasn't coming back to my old stomping grounds. My net salary would have probably been the same. Did not take long for further communications to stop.

The downside for people moving south from here is the increased cost of living, hopefully compensated by "London weighting". The upside for people moving north is they can afford a mansion! A bit like people moving to Wales from the commuter belt  ;D. I would probably get like for like.

QuoteBeats an old ciggie factory any day.
Old ciggie factory (Players), old bike factory (Raleigh) and even old drug factory (Boots) are things long gone. I've been here so long now that the "new" developments that went up after I arrived are now being demolished for the latest "in thing".

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on February 26, 2018, 08:44:20 PM
Old ciggie factory (Players), old bike factory (Raleigh) and even old drug factory (Boots) are things long gone. I've been here so long now that the "new" developments that went up after I arrived are now being demolished for the latest "in thing".

You forgot to mention the Sheriff, forest and its once great football club.
Here to Help.