Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

PlanePlotter 6.4.6.5 Released (belated announcement)

Started by Triple7, February 25, 2018, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple7

From Bev

Hi,

PlanePlotter version 6.4.6.5 is on the web site today.
http://www.planeplotter.com#download

---Usual boilerplate---
Updates are free to registered users.
You may need to exercise your browser Refresh function to force it to show you the new version of the PlanePlotter web page. If you post a message complaining that the web site is still pointing to an earlier version, you pay a forfeit!
You can install the new version over the old one but you *must* close/exit PlanePlotter before installing the new one. Your settings will be preserved. Nic's installer will warn you if PlanePlotter is still running when you try to install the new version.
If you have a version-specific firewall (eg Zone Alarm), you may have to reassure it that the new version is permitted to access the Internet. Be aware that an increasing number of security systems treat any new file as a threat without any justification except that it is new. Please don't write to me about it; write to your security system provider and ask them to make their program smarter.
If you have an installation of PlanePlotter running under Linux/Wine, this installer may not run. In that case (only), please download : http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter6_4_6_5.zip and unzip the files into the existing PlanePlotter application directory. Note that this will only work if PlanePlotter is already installed under Wine as it only contains the new executable and not all the other files (SQB etc.) that are required to run the program.
-----------

New in version 6.4.6.5

Vertical speed in alert fields
There is a new vertical speed option in Options..Alert..Fields so the alert report can now include the vertical speed.

Home location
When PlanePlotter is first installed, it makes an estimate of your latitude and longitude based on your WAN IP address. This will not be good enough to operate as a Ground Station or to make the F11 view accurate but it will be a start for those users who struggle with their location.

Support for Funke RTH80 receiver
This release includes provisional support for the RTH80 Mode-S receiver.

Memory leak in the "a" window
There was a memory leak in the "a" window that has now been fixed. Sorry we had not noticed it ourselves but thanks to the user who reported it.

Company flags
Previously, the company flags option only worked if the company prefix was in the SQB database for the airframe. If you choose the appropriate option, it now derives the company flag identity from the flight number prefix if there is no information in the database.

Format adjustment
The suffix of a flight number decoded from classic ACARS messages received via Inmarsat, is now padded out to four characters with preceding zeroes to match other formats for the flight number,

Type 19 plots
Type 19 plots now use a pale blue aircraft symbol on the chart rather than red symbol, which could be confused with VHF AXARS messages.

Sort "a" window on signal strength
Previously the rows in the "a" window could be sorted by clicking on any column header except the "Sig" signal strength. This bug is fixed in this release.

Enjoy!

Regards
Bev
COAA
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

IanH

Thanks Tim.

Downloaded this and found I already had it from 11 Feb - that was just a chance visit to COAA website. Thought I must have missed the reminder here.

Nevertheless, better late than never reminder. Next time I doubt I'll be ahead of the game!