Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 08:37:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Using Jordan's Outline Maker

Started by gcopter1, March 25, 2018, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcopter1

Probably not related to the forum but, been asking elsewhere for the past couple of days and searching all over with no results.

After a long time away from the hobby, got myself a new ads-b recvr.

Downloaded and got Plane Plotter to run. Now, I wish to add airport outlines to my chart.

Found Jordan's Outline Maker, got my coordinates and copied them. Pasted them in the charts folder but the airport outline won't display.

Kept searching and looking around and found a post where someone wrote that the saved .out file has to be named AND something put in squiggly lines/brackets in order for the file to work.

Does someone knows the exact procedure?

Triple7

Hi

Not sure what the reference to squiggly lines is all about but if your outline files are saved as .out files and pasted into the 'chart files' sub folder in the PlanePlotter folder and - important - you have correctly defined that folder as the place for PP to look for charts, they should display.

Options>>Directories>>PP Chart Files

Navigate to the folder containing your .out files and they should show.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

gcopter1

Quote from: Triple7 on March 25, 2018, 08:57:31 PM
Hi

Not sure what the reference to squiggly lines is all about but if your outline files are saved as .out files and pasted into the 'chart files' sub folder in the PlanePlotter folder and - important - you have correctly defined that folder as the place for PP to look for charts, they should display.

Options>>Directories>>PP Chart Files

Navigate to the folder containing your .out files and they should show.

Tim

Thank you as well.

Anmer

The "squiggly" lines enclose a name for the outline.  It can be anything you wish.  But it's the file name that's recognised by the BaseStation software - "filename.out".

I'm away from home at the moment so can't check PlanePlotter.  Maybed use the PlanePlotter Help to read up how it handles .out files.
Here to Help.